What's the fastest you have ever been.*please post video if you have it*

porshh951

Established Member
Hey guy's what the fastest you have ever been in your car's?

I have done 175mph in mine and that was pegged at 6400rpm inn 5th gear. I didn't film that run cause I was by myself I do have a run of my doing 160mph so I will post that one. I was running 18psi that night and 93 octane fuel. Me and my friends were on our way back from ennis on i45 and decided to run her for a minute.

modracing.net/videos/me_doing_160mph_on16psi_pumpgas.WMV

porshh951

Established Member
Zo6 lover...how fast have you gotten your ls6 up too? Please share if you have a story or a video.thx

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
car = 98 Targa Vette auto/2.73 gears
place = H3, Oahu Hawaii
Time = approx 2 pm
speed = speedo reading 169 mph, garmin GPS records 165

car = 03 SVT Cobra coupe
place = US 1, in Maine
Time = approx 2 am
speed = speedo reads 150 and easily accelerating, garmin GPS records 151

DOHC32VMark8

Established Member
Car: 1994 Lincoln Mark VIII
Place: Rt.3 S, Mass. approx. around Exit 15/16
Time: 1:45am
Speed: GPS confirmed by passenger 142mph
(removed speed limiter w/ chip)

Got pretty floaty at that speed, but was more stable than I thought it would be.

Last edited:

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
all my top speeds are listed in my sig below

my friend took this pic of the gps in my vette at speed when we busted 176 mph. he thought i was only going to go 172 mph so he snapped the pic b4 i was done accelerating, grrr. i went on to hit 176 mph. he video taped my next 3 high speed blasts from inside the car after the 1st one and i hit 176 mph on all 3 of those runs too. unfortunately i am not computer savvy enough to figure out how to get it on a computer. my vette was bone stock with just 1,100 miles on the odometer when we did this last december and we winded her up to 6,500 rpm's in 5th gear. :beer:
6986vette_-_gps-med.jpg

Last edited:

fcadti213

Established Member
Top speed

03 Mach 1
151 comfirmed by 2 pasangers
N 680 in cali

03 SVT Cobra
145 solo flight
SAme place

Sax1031

Established Member
Bike speedo stops reading at 186. Hit that and kept on accelerating. The bike has enough juice to run about an actual 186mph, but bike speedos are very innacurate at that speed. Not sure how fast I was really going. If I had to questimate I would say I went around 181-182mph.

I am starting to save money for a turbo kit for my 1000. New rods and pistons and the motor will hold 15lbs of boost and make 330-340rwhp on a good tune. That is what I am going for, enough juice to go 210+.

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
Originally posted by Sax1031
I am starting to save money for a turbo kit for my 1000. New rods and pistons and the motor will hold 15lbs of boost and make 330-340rwhp on a good tune. That is what I am going for, enough juice to go 210+.
You sir, have balls of steel! :bowdown:

porshh951

Established Member
Originally posted by Sax1031
Bike speedo stops reading at 186. Hit that and kept on accelerating. The bike has enough juice to run about an actual 186mph, but bike speedos are very innacurate at that speed. Not sure how fast I was really going. If I had to questimate I would say I went around 181-182mph.

Holy shiet!:beer:

You got bigger balls than myself. I don't think I could get on a bike and go 200+ that's just crazy.:rockon:

donpablo

Established Member
After the km > mph conversion, around 155mph in a big E class Mercedes on the Autobahn a number of years ago.

DP

Sax1031

Established Member
Originally posted by LBguy
You sir, have balls of steel! :bowdown:

Don't know if it is balls or stupidity. It is funny. When I got the bike I told myself I would never go over 100mph. But it only takes 6 seconds to get to 120. Around 9 seconds to be very close to 150. I also love speed. So I rode awhile and got use to a liter bike and all it's grunt. Then I went faster and faster. Till one night I decided to see how fast it would go. Unfortunately the speedo stopped reading at 186mph.

I do have a video, although I was being a complete ignorant young stupid asshole, of me going through some traffic on the interstate. It is not video from on the bike, but from my friends who were on the side of the road parked with the camera. I have not uploaded the video to my computer because my friend has my camera but I will to put it online. It is hard to tell which vehicle is me(it is at night too) comming up and the video in it's full length would only be about 15 seconds long. But when I pass my friends my bike speedo is reading 186mph.

Originally posted by porshh951
Holy shiet!

You got bigger balls than myself. I don't think I could get on a bike and go 200+ that's just crazy.

It just happens so fast. Tonight coming home at about 60mph in 6th gear I decided to roll into. When I finally look down ~1/2 mile down the road the bike is reading 172 so I left off and slow down.

Also when I made the video it was coming home from my second time ever at the 1/4 mile dragstrip with my bike. Here was the timeslip. Although I spun through 2nd gear(look at the 1.800 60ft) the run was a decent run.

1014.JPG

With my more expereinced friend riding the bike has gone 6.30s at 118-119mph through the 1/8th.

Last edited:

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
145 mph thru Vietnam Veterans Pkwy in North Nashville. The car seems to hunker down at about 100 and just hold the road, solid. I know it's limited at like 152 or something, but, I get impression from the tachometer that it has alot more in it than 152 limit allows. It does blow my mind to think that with a blower...this car will have 30 more MPH's in it than now. You 03/04 guys have big balls for sure. Not sure if I'm brave enough to floor it thru 160 and keep going.

Users who are viewing this thread