What's up to our Cali. brothers....

QUIK BRIK

1 FAST SVT
Established Member
Just wanted to shout out a "hope everything is alright to our cali. brothers with that fire going on..."

Hope everything is ok. :)

Tom aka QUIK BRIK

FordFanStan

Established Member
As far as I know, only one of our actual members have been evacuated and none with homes burned down thankfully. But it is crazy here in SD. Ashes everywhere, almost everyone outdoors wearing dust masks, alot of shipping is behind, all schools closed over 500,000 evacuated, very hectic, but work still has to go on... Stan

grimreefer

Anthrax Resistant
Established Member
I saw a lowered '00 Silver L with the front bumper barely hanging on show up in the secure parking area of the apartments I'm in a day or two ago. Haven't seen the owner yet but I'm wondering if he was an evacuee or something. :shrug:

mytjojo

Established Member
Thanks for looking out.. weather is pretty nasty as well out here. it's been about 85-90 all day and you can see and smell smoke for miles. I have a couple of people here at work that have had there things packed up for about 2 days now and are staying in a hotel, hoping and praying everything will be ok with there home

FordFanStan

Established Member
One of the local news stations started another fundraiser for help here in SD last night, within 45 minutes they had over $18,000 donated :eek: . With such a great country as the U.S., it is great to see everyone pull and stick together and help out so tremendously during hard times like these, it's just too bad it isn't like that all the time... Stan

Lord Tauk

SVT God
Established Member
One of the local news stations started another fundraiser for help here in SD last night, within 45 minutes they had over $18,000 donated :eek: . With such a great country as the U.S., it is great to see everyone pull and stick together and help out so tremendously during hard times like these, it's just too bad it isn't like that all the time... Stan

+1

Just watching the news, the Maryland Air National Guard just flew one it's huge air carriers out near San Diego.

Stewart_H

Never Fry Bacon NAKED
Established Member
I posted up on the SoCal Lightning board because I was wondering how my fellow Lightning brothers were doing down in SoCal.

My wife is a Paramedic here in Monterey County and her company sent 5 medics down to help out.

Stewart

Last edited:

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
I'm in Central Caif. and have 3 volunteer firefighter brothers dispatched to help fight the fires. Thanks for thinking of us. :beer:

JERK!

Banned
Like Stan said fire and ash everywhere....fires are within a few miles of my house but I am in no danger. In 2003 when we had the bad Gran Prix fire I was very close to that, made the vent in my truck stink for about a month like smoke. Ash inches think fell on it as well. Its terrible to think that some of the ash falling coud be whats left of someones house. I am afraid to even wash my truck and exert myself becasue of the bad air quality as well.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
my wife and son are standing by to evacuate up in North OCeanside....biggest threat is if the winds pick back up and the Pendleton fires and fall brook fires head south and converge and head up into the 76 corridor........luckilly the winds are dying down...and fires are getting under control. We are real close to the mandatory evacuation zones right now but have not been told to leave.

The fire at the Main gate is supposedly under control... and contained...that was the closest of the fires to our place...

I am still in South Carolina but standing by to catch a flight out at the drop of a hat....

This sucks...

L and HD owner Adam Ruiz is hopefully in the Clear over in San Marcos....got kinda close to him...have not heard back from he and his family today....

Couple HD brothers over in Poway came out unscathed....SDHArley03 had the fire race through his yard and around his house....so luky not even funny.

Couple more L guys in North OCeanside from me nearer to Fallbrook area are evacuated.

Fire heading north up into Temecula area may effect a couple L and HD brothers up there...

ITs hell out there guys.....

Last edited:

2tonOfun

Established Member
It must be tuff for you Stew, being away from home.
Here, it just dominates the news. Every station has just been non stop 24 hr coverage. SO much info. a lot of hype and mis-information and at the same time not near enough real information.
The fires are still burnning.
I have a few relitives and friends who have been evacuated but so far none have lost their homes. This has effected EVERY single person in San Diego.
It's amazing.
And it's over 1 Billion in damages as of now, and growing.
I work for Marriott so I've put in a lot of long hours. we are a 24 / 7 industry and these are the times we MUST be at work. But I'm lucky because my wife and daughter both have not had to work all week and are just safe at home, staying in out of the smoky air.

bgstew6

ResFirma Mitescere Nescit
Established Member
yeah the wife is doing well, I am fine as long as she is fine...she is a tough one and if she gets rattled then I know its bad....

SHe has seen the fires on Pendleton and the main gate fire was/is only bout mile and half from our place....if it jumped the front gate and headed south...nothing but dry grass and shit between us and it but they got it contained....

Pretty good portion of base is burning..but luckly more north near PUlgas and where I work.....luckily my work is surrounded by large dirt fields..

We get first hand updates about base from local command....

quite bad.....and many effected....Time for evryone to start doing rain dances.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Yeah best wishes to all you guys. My bro is in bootcamp right now in San Diego. Hes supposed to graduate in November, we already have plane tickets to go out their. Hopefully he doesn't have to evacuate, and then graduation get delayed. Then we would all be screwed!

Users who are viewing this thread