What's your priority?

Looks or Performance.

Lets say this..........

If you could have the best looking L ever?

Or have the fastest but stock look?

Me personally, I would take the fastest. If I had the money I would have both. I like my pretty much stock height except for the shackles in the back. Im looking forward to be in the mid-11's. Anyone know whats the fastest trap speed you can have before needing a roll cage? I dont know how No Problems raceway is gonna deal with me. I might just sand-bag my first few runs and before I leave go WOT.

Under the hood the only thing that will give off any warning will be the MP blower. Other than that I look bone stock. The DR's dont help with the sleeper look either.

So seriously? What would you rather have?

IMG_0013.jpg

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Other than small stuff I resigned myself when I got this one to only do initailly what would either make it go, stop or handle better. That's all that I've really done. I like the looks pretty much. I'd much rather go FASTER. I want to stop and corner at the same time though. I don't think you will need a cage until you break 10's. I'm not 100% sure though. Good luck at the track.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
If i'm not mistaken....the boys from Domestic Disturbance said it was 11.50 or lower for a cage @ NPR. Over here at Gulfport Dragway it's 11.99 and lower.

I would take speed in a second.

White Whine

Resident Jabberwalkie
Established Member
I think these trucks look slick as is, one of the reasons I got it, so I'm gonna go with fast, not that it didnt come fast either, but you know...I love sleepers too so, there you go!

dirtchicken

Banned
Cage is required for anything faster than 11.49 I believe. I would aslo stay away from the MP. If I didn't have a KB I'd have a turbo under the hood. :rockon:

yeah well, I already have my MP. A few of JDM's trucks are in the 10's with the Magnum Powers. Thats all I needed to hear to buy one. Half the price of a KB and performs just a good to a certain point. The air charge temps are right there with KB too. The magnum also pulls consistently from 3000-3500RPMS to redline.

dirtchicken said:
What MP trucks are in the 10s??

There is a member here with a JDM truck with a MP doing 10.8. I will admit there is only so far you can go with a magnum. But for the price I will settle with a MP for now until whipple refines there blower. By that time they will hopefully have the 3.3 availible to the public. That would rock!

203Cree

Established Member
I focused on looks when I first got it, it was plenty fast at the time. Now, it's more about makin it a little faster.

KenneSVT

GOT BOOST??
Established Member
S P E E D!!! It feels awsome to spank a guy in his cobra after he gives a little smirk and laughing cause your driving a truck wanting to race him.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Speed w/ subtle exterior mods. The only appearance mods I have are a set of 20" Boyds, a slightly lower stance and acetoned badges. I have a Cervini cowl too, but the stocker is on the truck. I think the stock hood looks great.

I do have a built longblock, longtubes, KB, ported intake, C&L plenum, built trans and other good stuff under the hood. :rockon:

Last edited:

REDSVT150

Established Member
I believe you can have both. Going for 10's
28943-333-19594.jpg

Anything under 11.50 @ NPR needs roll cage.
28943-333-18943.jpg

the pics sucks but here is one from the FFW. A better 60' and I might have seen 10's that morning.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread