Wheel finish suggestions...

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
I'm officially done with repolishing my CCW SP500's. I've tried Shine Seal and other aluminum sealants with no luck. Everytime I wash the car the spots won't come out! :bash:

I know I will need to get them fully polished again but I am looking for options for coatings that will work. I realize I can powder coat them black or something but I want to keep the "polished" look as much as I can. So I am interested in experiences/thoughts on using Clear Anodizing, Clear Powder Coating, or any other option over polished aluminum wheels.

My comparison is the Alcoa SS wheels as they are polished but have a coating on them (not sure if anodized or PC, but they call it AlumaShine or something) and they just wipe off. I realize I would loose some of the polished look, but the trade off of not having to repolish all the time would be worth it. The stock wheels are similar in that they have a thick clear coating on them and seem near indestructable.

Comments/suggestions?

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Get a bright silver or chrome powdercoating then clear it and be done.

Leonard 95

Established Member
I have no problem with my ccw's polished wheels. I don't drive in rain though, when I wash them I get my leaf blower and blow the water off and then dry them off. When the get real dirty I use California Custom aluminum polish cleaner, takes about 5 mins per wheel.

Got luck with your decision, nothing looks better than a clean polished wheel in my opinion.

Gene G

Established Member
When I had John at CCW make a set of wheels for me he recomended Rejex.
Call John ,Chip or Melissa at CCW they are allways there to help you. They are the best.

pony23

Established Member
I used Rejex on my polished True Forged and it worked great.

doublex

First Blown 'Stang
Established Member
I have no problem with my ccw's polished wheels. I don't drive in rain though, when I wash them I get my leaf blower and blow the water off and then dry them off. When the get real dirty I use California Custom aluminum polish cleaner, takes about 5 mins per wheel.

Got luck with your decision, nothing looks better than a clean polished wheel in my opinion.

Thanks. I don't drive in the rain either, but even with blow drying the wheels/brakes, I still get spots after I move the car. So I end up rinsing the wheels a few times, blow drying, wipe/polish dry... still find a couple spots on the inside. The faces look great, but it's the inside surface that gets bad quickly.

I'll take a look at California Custom aluminum polish cleaner and Rejax. When I talked to CCW they suggested Zoop Seal (now Shine Seal)...I applied that twice after contacting the vendor and neither application did the job. I've tried a few other "wheel sealants/waxes" with not much luck either. They wipe off fine, but they don't last so I have to remove the wheels again, polish, then rewax/seal...

Users who are viewing this thread