Wheel hop question

TK Doom

Established Member
Is wheel hop a sympton of the power versus wheels or the IRS?

I get wheel hop all the time on a fast start, even in the rain. Those stock F1's have pretty good wet handling I'm finding out since it never rains in SoCal.

smrtasp

Established Member
Mine hops a lot as well. I just had the clutch replaced (18000 miles was way to early) and while it was in asked the dealer to check out the rearend. Mine hops so bad that it kicks me out of first gear at about 5000 RPM and my rearend is out of alignment now. Ford tech says he couldnt duplicate the wheel hop with the new clutch in (he didnt bother to road test the car before ripping the clutch out) and its been raining too much here for me to really see for myself. Once I get a few miles on the new clutch I'll really test it out. Personally I think the drivetrain is way under engineered for this car. It just doesnt seem capable of handling the power.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
smrtasp said:
....Mine hops so bad that it kicks me out of first gear at about 5000 RPM and my rearend is out of alignment now....

a friendly warning: you need to learn to get out of the gas immediately when it begins to hop or else you will be making many trips to the dealer

drag radials will help immensely but be careful with them in the rain

you should also buy this: http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1789968

TK Doom

Established Member
So what do I tell the dealer if I take it in?

That I can't burn out?

I mean, obviously since it exists, I don't peel out at all, therefore the tires will last. But FFS, you have to BURN OUT sometimes!!!

Users who are viewing this thread