Wheel hop!!!!!!

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
I've just recently bought my first Terminator. I have the 03 MG Cobra and I am getting horrible wheel hop!!! Does anyone know how to calm this down some? My suspension is all stock and I'm running the 275's on the back. I can NOT launch at a stop light and nice smooth roads are my worst enemy. Please help!!!

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
^ lol never gets old

Look into the Full Tilt Boogie Racing bushings kit. Also aftermarket springs will help some.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
ok, i'll say it..................DO SOME RESEARCH THROUGHOUT THIS SITE!!! this info has been posted countless times.
FTBR and FLSF and you'll be good to go!

SmelchoMG

SmelchoMG
Established Member
Thanks guys, I'm new to the site. I've looked around but still learning the site also. Thanks for the help!!!:rolling:

My96z

Established Member
25521940017_large.jpg

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
I have Full Length Sub Frame Connectors, H&R Race Springs, IRS Brace, Delrin IRS Bushings and Drag Radials and I have no hop. They have kits out here that are quite expensive that are "supposed" to cure the hop, but mine is gone and I did not spend as much money as the kits that are for sale. I'm happy with my results.

frank5o

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
Tires are the most important thing. Everybody seems to go straight for the suspension, replace this, replace that , replace everything, yada yada ..... drag radials will solve 90% of the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Maybe at stock power or close to stock power levels. I would go FTBR right from the get go. If you can do the springs at the same time it would save you a little effort. The sub frames should be done immediately.

Tires are the most important thing. Everybody seems to go straight for the suspension, replace this, replace that , replace everything, yada yada ..... drag radials will solve 90% of the problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I didn't have sub frames or anything done to my suspension. I put mickey thompson et street radials on it and my wheel hope was gone. I made 450/465 on a upper pulley set up when i ran those tires. I would get the FTBR kit but if dr's will damn near do the trick.

HURTNEM

Well Blow Me Down!!!
Established Member
My hop is gone and I didn't spend all the money it costs to get a kit. If I was road coursing the car maybe I'd worry about a kit, but for straight line action I saved my money and came out less expensive then those who bought a kit and I have no wheel hop!

Users who are viewing this thread