Wheel studs and abs tone ring questions

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
I'm in the process of overhauling my rear. I have the gears set up, but I cannot get my stock ABS tone rings to press onto my Moser axles. I had 10 tons on them and quit for fear of breaking and they didn't even start to go onto the axle.

Also, the knurls on the stock wheel studs are too small for the Moser axles. Does anyone know what studs are needed to work?

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
You sure you have the right axles? Moser has a set that accepts abs rings and a set that doesn't. Not too sure on the knurls for the studs

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
The shape and style of the new axles look the same as the old ones... I'll bust the caliper out when I get to work and see if they're the same sizes or not. Guess I'll look into Moser's studs, which are probably ridiculously expensive.

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
^^^I had a set of moser axles and the abs rings went on with no problems either. The studs shouldn't be that expensive, you're probably looking at $30-$40 for all 10

Un4GivN

QuenchMyThirstw/Gasoline
Established Member
Well, I measured the axles. The part where the tone ring goes on is the same, guess I wasn't holding my mouth right or something. Now, the old axles have a .589 hole for the studs. The Moser axles have a .600 hole. What size knurl do I need? The closest I could find was a .625 and I'm pretty sure that's too big.

Users who are viewing this thread