When buying parts, do you finance?

burke985

Established Member
Its not really a money thing for me, i have enough in my savings right now to pay my car off tomorrow but i like to keep money in the bank cause you never know whats gonna happen. 500 dollar mod i just buy it ,1500 dollar mod well that may hit the bill me later account for a couple months and its no interest so really a win win.

acrbill

Established Member
I have bought parts on credit. I have been tempted to buy a supercharger but its just too much for me at this time. If the total outlay was $6k and I had 4500 I would consider it but if you only have $2k in your mod fund then its a bad idea IMO.

jymboslice

Rookie
Established Member
I financed one thing for my car, that was $1100. Zero percent financing for 6 months and i paid it off in 5 months.

I will never, ever, ever finance anymore of my car parts.

blownbywhipple

Established Member
If you can't pay for it in cash then obviously don't buy it. Reason half of people are broke because they attempt to live beyond their means. Just suck it up and save up more until you have cash to pay for it that supercharger isn't going anywhere.

busarich

Established Member
I'm in the military and have a second job. my second job pays for car parts and when i go on trips I use half of that. So cash. The second job is sweet 15$ an hour for car parts.

Last edited:

jbs$

Established Member
If your car is still running, you should not be financing parts for it. Discipline, save a little money, then buy extra stuff.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Save up bud. You gotta pay to play, but pay smart. I couldn't tell you how many times I've saved up for a part only for something come up and poof my funds are gone. But eventually the funds come. + what Ivan 5.0 said. Would suck balls if something were to happen to the car, and you get tied up paying for that part.

jdcobra

Established Member
who or wear does this "bill me later"?

Lethal performance, American Muscle, and LMR I believe. Being 22 I put parts on the card to help build my credit but that's all I use it for and I never go over 1k

ViperBlueCobra

5.0 FTW
Established Member
Thank you for all the replies. It definitely helps ease my itchy mod finger. I have close to 3k and could put the rest in the card and pay back on taxes. However I'm going to wait. I was more or less curious how fellow mustang guys buy their parts as well.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Thank you for all the replies. It definitely helps ease my itchy mod finger. I have close to 3k and could put the rest in the card and pay back on taxes. However I'm going to wait. I was more or less curious how fellow mustang guys buy their parts as well.

Good move. If you have to finance parts that means you should not be buying them. Only exception should be if your stuck with no means of transportation and need a motor or Trans.

Never_Enough

Established Member
No, I never have & don't think I ever would.

I've put parts on CCs before to get the points, but paid it off that same month.

Users who are viewing this thread