When can you order a 2011 Raptor?

MoabB2

Established Member
I'm on the fence as to ordering a 2010 Raptor now, or waiting to order a 2011 Raptor. I'm not interested in the SuperCrew option, but I imagine there will be a few other minor changes for 2011my (productivity screen).

So when will ordering for 2010 Raptors end?
And when will ordering for 2011 Raptors start?

Each dealership I talk to gives me a different story. :shrug:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I'm on the fence as to ordering a 2010 Raptor now, or waiting to order a 2011 Raptor. I'm not interested in the SuperCrew option, but I imagine there will be a few other minor changes for 2011my (productivity screen).

So when will ordering for 2010 Raptors end?
And when will ordering for 2011 Raptors start?

Each dealership I talk to gives me a different story. :shrug:

I would order a 10 today. By the time it gets here 11's will be on order and ford will want to move remaining 2010 inventory, meaning you get 10 prices plus possible discounts.
worst case your order gets changed to an 11 model year anyway.

I would expect raptor prices to increase 500 to 1k bucks in price for 2011....

steeltoe

Established Member
I've heard the 2 different stories with the 2011MY F-150 one stories is that end of the June will be the end of the 2010MY and the 2011MY will start soon after the other which seems a little more believable for now is that Ford is going the let the 2010MY run till about November and start the 2011MY after the 1st of the year.

MoabB2

Established Member
I've heard the 2 different stories with the 2011MY F-150 one stories is that end of the June will be the end of the 2010MY and the 2011MY will start soon after the other which seems a little more believable for now is that Ford is going the let the 2010MY run till about November and start the 2011MY after the 1st of the year.

I have heard both stories as well. I don't know which to believe. I'm not really concerned about the extra $1k for a 2011. I just don't want to wait until November to order, then wait another 4 months for it show up.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The in dash screen is coming to the F-150 for sure in 2011. My Dad has been talking about getting a Raptor crew next year.

steeltoe

Established Member
I have heard both stories as well. I don't know which to believe. I'm not really concerned about the extra $1k for a 2011. I just don't want to wait until November to order, then wait another 4 months for it show up.
I'd say the November timeline is more correct at this time. Its the middle of June and only thing Ford has about the 2011MY F-150 is the Supercrew Raptor and the addition of silver as a new color for the Raptor. Not even a month ago pickuptrucks.com had the pics of the Ecoboost F-150 still being tested. Ford just released the 2011 Mustang and Super Duty and the launch for the Feista(i think thats correct spelling) is this summer dropping the new F-150 now would be to much.
So I guess the decision is:

Is the productivity screen worth $1000 extra cost and 5-6 months of extra waiting?

yes

MoabB2

Established Member
I'd say the November timeline is more correct at this time. Its the middle of June and only thing Ford has about the 2011MY F-150 is the Supercrew Raptor and the addition of silver as a new color for the Raptor. Not even a month ago pickuptrucks.com had the pics of the Ecoboost F-150 still being tested. Ford just released the 2011 Mustang and Super Duty and the launch for the Feista(i think thats correct spelling) is this summer dropping the new F-150 now would be to much.

I don't get it. Don't they come out with a new model year for all their vehicles each year? Why is the F150 too much? I'm not saying they need to totally revamp the F150 (they just did that), I'm just curious when 2011 models will hit the lots. It seems that typically the new year models (for most makes) start showing up in the fall.

Any ideas on the price of a supercrew?

I've heard it will be an additional $3000.

SOCOMech

Established Member
The '11's are getting a late start this year due to Ford wanting to make sure they have everything in it's place and right with the all new eng. line-up. Look for orders to start being accepted in Sep. with actual deliveries starting in November.

Any ideas on the price of a supercrew?

Considering the 6.2 Raptor starts at $42k, the added costs of a supercrew ($2700 on an FX4), and any possible price increase for the new info center on the dash (few hundred maybe?)...I'd say it could start around $45-46K

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The '11's are getting a late start this year due to Ford wanting to make sure they have everything in it's place and right with the all new eng. line-up. Look for orders to start being accepted in Sep. with actual deliveries starting in November.

Considering the 6.2 Raptor starts at $42k, the added costs of a supercrew ($2700 on an FX4), and any possible price increase for the new info center on the dash (few hundred maybe?)...I'd say it could start around $45-46K

My bet is $46k, Ford know they can sell them and will milk them for all they can.

steeltoe

Established Member
This

any possible price increase for the new info center on the dash (few hundred maybe?)...I'd say it could start around $45-46K
I wonder if the new productivity screen will be an easy mod for the 2010 truck like putting a HUD on a non-HUD Vette.

WydOpen

Established Member
Should be able to order a 2011 Raptor now. Delivery will probably be December/January timeframe. I'm about to pull the trigger on a Tuxedo Black '11 6.2L Super Cab. Was going to buy a '10 that is currently sitting on a dealer's lot, but the productivity screen peaked my interest as well as a few other minor options being offered on the new model year.

MoabB2

Established Member
Yes, order banks for 2011 raptors opened September third. I got mine ordered that day, but like you said, it'll be a while before it shows up.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Its true you can place the order but Ford isn't wholesaling 2011 F-150's until October for November production i believe, so the order is going to sit unchanged for quite a while yet.

WydOpen

Established Member
Anyone know if the larger capacity fuel tank is only on the SuperCrew, or is it also going in the SuperCab?

[EDIT] Nevermind, found my answer on another forum. SuperCab retains 26 gallon tank and the SuperCrew will get the 36 gallon tank.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread