When should I have boost?

Roush97

Established Member
Hey guys I am trying to hook up my boost gauge and my boost reference to my fpr. I was going to use the lowest port on the back of the eaton because that should be manifold vacuum. The problem is that when I hooked up my boost gauge to it I get vacuum but no boost; I tried revving the engine but no boost. Does the engine have to be under load to make boost or should I get boost while revving in neutral? Thanks.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Roush97 said:
Hey guys I am trying to hook up my boost gauge and my boost reference to my fpr. I was going to use the lowest port on the back of the eaton because that should be manifold vacuum. The problem is that when I hooked up my boost gauge to it I get vacuum but no boost; I tried revving the engine but no boost. Does the engine have to be under load to make boost or should I get boost while revving in neutral? Thanks.

Ummm... I do! But if you rev it slow then no... It has to be a quick full-throttled rev since you need to be at full-throttle or under load to engage it, I believe. :beer:

Roush97

Established Member
Okay thanks guys. I can't WOT right now because I only have a partial base tune to get my motor running and finished. Once I get my final tune I can WOT.

mavereq

Established Member
whenever your s/c pushes more than your engine is sucking.

you should be hooked up to the right port.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
mavereq said:
whenever your s/c pushes more than your engine is sucking.

you should be hooked up to the right port.

Lol Hence vac/boost. I'm thinking he just wanted to know whether or not it was normal that he's not seeing any boost while revving in neutral. Remember... Simplicity is key! Hahahaha! :beer:

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
Roush97 said:
I can't WOT right now because I only have a partial base tune to get my motor running and finished.
I understand it's a good idea to be on the safe side, but I don't think it's possible to blow your engine by briefly opening your throttle butterfly.

Roush97

Established Member
jmproductions said:
I understand it's a good idea to be on the safe side, but I don't think it's possible to blow your engine by briefly opening your throttle butterfly.

WOT without the right tune and I also still have my stock 97 GT fuel pump and I haven't hooked up the boost reference to my fpr.

Users who are viewing this thread