When to rebuild a Paxton 2200SL

Gruca

Established Member
How do you know when the head units need a rebuild? Mine runs, isn’t terribly noisy, but when datalogging, my load and Maf lbs keep decreasing over time. I have a 3.48 pulley on it currently and load peaks around 1.55. It used to peak around 2.10. I also used to peg the Maf sensor, and now I do not. I’m assuming it’s due to decreased air flow? My boost gauge still reads 13psi around 7,500. Not sure what else would cause the lack of airflow at the Maf.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Rather than focusing on the head unit I would start with a compression and leakdown. Your airflow and load numbers lead me to believe your down on power. You just have to figure out where.

As long there isn't much shaft play and the blower sounds fine I would not worry about it to much in terms of the blower being the culprit.

When testing previously what kind of weather conditions were you in? Temps alone will play a role but from the sounds of it your down a good amount of power .

I am not sure how load translates to hp but for reference I can tell you what mine is. On pump gas I saw a load of roughly 1.6 and just from switching to e85 the load jumped to 2.01. In my case I'd guess that's a 40-50 hp gain but just guessing. Car has stock gen 1 rotating assembly and im running a 2.3 tvs on about 9 psi, 18 degrees of timing on pump gas and 24 on e85.

Have you tried talking to Shaun about this? Everytime I get confused he has always taken the time to thoroughly explain things and assists however he can.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Gruca

Established Member
Rather than focusing on the head unit I would start with a compression and leakdown. Your airflow and load numbers lead me to believe your down on power. You just have to figure out where.

As long there isn't much shaft play and the blower sounds fine I would not worry about it to much in terms of the blower being the culprit.

When testing previously what kind of weather conditions were you in? Temps alone will play a role but from the sounds of it your down a good amount of power .

I am not sure how load translates to hp but for reference I can tell you what mine is. On pump gas I saw a load of roughly 1.6 and just from switching to e85 the load jumped to 2.01. In my case I'd guess that's a 40-50 hp gain but just guessing. Car has stock gen 1 rotating assembly and im running a 2.3 tvs on about 9 psi, 18 degrees of timing on pump gas and 24 on e85.

Have you tried talking to Shaun about this? Everytime I get confused he has always taken the time to thoroughly explain things and assists however he can.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Another guy mentioned the air filter. I changed out the reusable one for a paper version (I can’t cant clean and oil the reusable ones correctly to save my life apparently). I went out for a data log and sure enough, load went back over 2 and the MAF maxed out.

The weather was hot the first time I made a pull, and this morning when I did the second one, it was cooler for sure, but humid as shit out. Not sure how much of a part that played. Either way, I’m not worried about it being the supercharger anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread