Where did my WHINE go Help.

Vert

Established Member
I have a VMP stg 2 gen 1 kit with jlt and 82mm that I installed a year ago. The tvs had a good whine to it that you could even hear in the **** pit until a few months ago when I installed an OR H pipe. The free flowing H pipe caused the whine to quite down but it could still be heard, but I wasn't happy with sound and performance of the h pipe so I changed it out over the weekend. Yes it was tuned for the OR pipe.
I put my stock cats back on with the original tune and the supercharger is dead quite when going WOT. When going WOT, the boost goes to 10lbs but drops 1-2lbs as the rpms climb. Still with it hitting 10lbs, I should here the whine.
Items I have checked,
1. I placed the plug back into the manifold to ensure no leak going to the boost gauge.
2. Checked all connection and lines including my oil separator.
3. I verified the linkage on the bypass is working when the motor is reved.
4. I pulled the vac line off of the bypass, plugged it and went wot at 3k rpms.
At this point I'm scratching my head and my next move is to replace my belt, but I'm not seeing any belt dust.
Also, I guess I need to hook up a vac gauge to the bypass to ensure its not slowly bleeding off.
Question, any chance the butterfly in the supercharger could be getting hung up and causing the problem? Also curious if the oil vapor could have coated the vortices causing the issue.
Thanks for the help

Vert

Established Member
That's just it, when I go wot I can't hear it, but my gauge is showing boost.

Vert

Established Member
That's awesome! I don't really understand why that would bother you.

But does it go "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z36jPtYmNEc
It makes me wonder if it's possible for boost to show 10lbs when my supercharger is not putting that out. As I mentioned above, is it feasible to have the pressure in the manifold but yet the engine is not getting the full boost.

Vert

Established Member
Your "Butt Dyno" should tell you if your making 10#'s of boost...
My last 1/8 th mile outing was .2-.3 slower and my trap was off by 3mph. Track prep was garbage, but my trap shouldn't have been off by 3mph. I just need to get it on the rollers and see what it does.

Users who are viewing this thread