• Almost all the way out

Votes: 121 22.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

96stanggt

Blower Whine Junkie
Established Member
Well I got the firewall adjuster and clutch quadrant on and the car shifts so much better!!!! I've got it set to engage a little above halfway.....I can finally hit third cleanly....

MysticSN95

Established Member
All the way out for me. I like it like that so I know that the clutch is disengaged when I am shifting

HIGHOCTANE

Speed Junkie
Established Member
Wings65288 said:
i don't understand this post, can someone help a brotha out
I THINK what he is saying is it starts grabbing 2 inches off the floors but slips enough to shift until it is 2 inches from the top???

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Mine seems to be about in the middle. Stock clutch, quadrant, adjuster, etc. 40,850 miles, pullied since 5k, ported as of last week. :rockon:

BelvedereGTX

Banned
right off the floor. Just put in steeda firwall adjuster and quadrant. Shifts better. but still engages right off the floor.

lethalvenom

Established Member
I just put a steeda fire wall and double hook and cable with a spec stage three clutch and is engages at the very top!

BelvedereGTX

Banned
lethalvenom said:
I just put a steeda fire wall and double hook and cable with a spec stage three clutch and is engages at the very top!
Thats not good at all! If this is true your going to be replacing your throw out bearing soon. Something is wrong with your clutch pal!

BelvedereGTX

Banned
lethalvenom said:
how do you suggest i fix it?
I reread your post bro. You have a new clutch in there. I guess maybe its normal for that brand of clutch. Check and make sure there is a tiny bit of free play in your cable where it comes through the firewall just before your quadrant. You dont want that throw out bearing resting on your pressure plate.

lethalvenom

Established Member
there is a tiny bit of play in the pedal before it gets stiff when pushing it in!

the clutch has around a 1000 miles on it!

Last edited:

Established Member
just installed the CENTERFORCE DUAL FRICITON clutch and mine engages right off the floor. Had it installed 3 days ago, but the dealer didn't adjust it right. So after riding the thing which annoyed the crap outta me,as there was tremendous slippage through the gears, I adjusted the pedal myself. Now its perfectly fine.

firemanmike

FIREMANMIKE
Established Member
Smooth as butter, but still a hard pedal. It engages right at the top making for a easy quick shift!

ViciousJay

Established Member
trey193 said:
Yeah I have the UPR Firewall Adj. and 3 Hook Quad. I set my pedal towards the top, man what difference ,powershifts are a snap with this setup!!

when you say uptop do you mean you barely have to engage the clutch or do you mean towards the floor way low?

btw which way burns a clutch out quicker up top or lower to the floor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread