Where the 5.0 Paxton guys at?

G-Mann

Established Member
So does the Paxton plant you into the back of the seat and make you say holly crap when you nail it? I hear the chatter about near stock drive and feel which is cool but makes me hesitant. I don't want something undriveable but If I drop 5k I want superior than stock drive and feel and want it to feel like I was just planted in the rear seats when I nail it, traction permitting.

pohnjarker

Established Member
it doesnt plant you in the seat like a TVS would when you nail it...it will accelerate faster than normal until 4k rpm or so, then it will feel like a rocket taking off....that's the only way i can describe it.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
it doesnt plant you in the seat like a TVS would when you nail it...it will accelerate faster than normal until 4k rpm or so, then it will feel like a rocket taking off....that's the only way i can describe it.

+1 under 4k with 3.73 gear it feels faster than stock. Over 4k and it is like wtf. I took a co-worker for a ride. We were talking and I hit it he stopped talking and forgot what he was saying. It was replaced with "holy shit, don't kill me. Wow the power comes on so smooth." He drives and 03 cobra with full exhaust and a pulley swap.

You can't go wrong with a beefcake special and lund tune.

RC-5.0

Established Member
When I got my car in Oct 2010, I said to myself when I pay it off in Jan 2014 I will get the Vortech.. Then I read about the paxton and was sold on it. THEN, i realized it will not work with my CS front bumper unless I cut the fog lights out and/or change the bumper. Along with that, I read how awesome the Roush's were for regular street driving and low-end tq, especially on my Auto Car. I am coming from a 94 5.0, so when I made 230/289 to the wheels, the car felt awesome just because of the tq. I felt that missing on the new coyote although it's just a "feel" not reality.

Jan 2014 is not far off, and I will be doing the Roush, but I have the funds saved up. Having said that, I know plenty of guys with Centri's running into the 10's with "basic" other mods and good tires. The potential is even greater. As Beefcake said "Best bang for the buck". That's true. My choice is not based on that concept. I like the Roush and will fit MY driving needs. The good thing is your posting these "food for thought" questions now. You may change your mind, but it is really fun thinking about it down the road :banana:
Good Luck
RC

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Thx for the feedback guys appreciate the driving impressions. To be honest I was surprised how hard the car pulls in stock form.

I'm out of state visiting family but will place my order on Monday most likely.

I like the idea of linear power delivery to redline. I really wanted a pd blower but this sounds like it will fit the bill.

At about 50 degrees I get from 4k + in first is nothing but wheel spin. Second and third get moderate wheel hop as well. I can just imagine how much traction ill get after install. That will be my next sell to the wife. "Babe my car won't hook up, I need some wider tires in a drag radial. So I'll need some wheels too, also I need suspension setup to accommodate the larger wheels.....yeah right lol" :D...one piece at a time lol.

I will be buying a go pro to get This good stuff on video.

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
I can show you a video of my car with the stock 18" pirellis if you want to see what bad traction is =/

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I can show you a video of my car with the stock 18" pirellis if you want to see what bad traction is =/

Yes!

I have 3.73s and have been reading about ppl swapping them out. Hopefully it's I can live with it for a little bit bc I want to hit a few appearance mods and at least a axle back for the time being.

03dsgdreams

Established Member
The Paxton kit is tempting for me as well because of the price and the power its capable of making but for me I dont want to have to floor the car or wait untill after 4k rpm to really feel the power. For a dd street car the tvs is the way to go imo. You can get into it and shift around 4k and still feel the power instead of having to wind it all the way out all the time to feel the power.

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Trust me I know what you mean about low end punch, but unless you want to run drag radials all of the time you aren't going to hook with instant torque. With my linear power I still have to short shift into second. I can go freight train mode in second when temps are above 60 and no issue for third gear or higher. My 285/40/18 conti dw are taking the abuse pretty good. I had the tires before the paxton and they handled 400whp in first gear with 3.73's no problem on the street, never tracked though.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
any of these guys will give you all the low end you need,

these aren't 3v cars, they aren't lacking power

you can roast the tires at will in the first 3 gears with the paxton / vortech kits

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
So know exhaust changes are necessary.

edit, thought i was in the cam lope thread.

cat deletes are not needed, but usually recommended, there is always a chance of blowing the converter apart and backing the system up which would be "bad"

Last edited:

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
a quick run to publix gave me an excuse to make a short video.

:shrug:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a3o96N9H1Qg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
a quick run to publix gave me an excuse to make a short video.

:shrug:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a3o96N9H1Qg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Awesome, thx for sharing with us my man.

You weren't kidding about the traction!:rolling:

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I'm pretty fail at search I suppose but, stock clutch is good for 650-700ish hp?

Users who are viewing this thread