Where the hell to get good furniture anymore?

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Everywhere people have recommended so far has been nothing but garbage.

American Furniture
American Freight
Ashley
IKEA
Pottery Barn
Living Spaces
Wish
Amazon
Instagram

Actually, Living Spaces is a riot... They brag about how their Chinese built garbage is the same as IKEA and Pottery Barns Chinese garbage, but cheaper.

IMG_20200830_182303.jpeg
IMG_20200830_182320.jpeg
IMG_20200830_182350.jpeg

Mmmm garbage plywood, unfinished pine, cardboard, crap foam, staples, nylon straps... Yeeha!

I'm trying to find some mid-century sofa and love seat for my living room, may just have to go vintage...

Reference to what quality construction looks like.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
What’s lazy boy like these days? I’ve got 2 ~15 year old couches still in awesome condition. I spent as much in the ottoman as I wanted to spend on a couch but seems to have been a good decision

Fat Boss

Established Member
There's a used furniture store in San Jose that has some really nice stuff. They only accept really nice pieces. If it doesn't sell in the first week, they wheel and deal.

bglf83

Established Member
What’s lazy boy like these days? I’ve got 2 ~15 year old couches still in awesome condition. I spent as much in the ottoman as I wanted to spend on a couch but seems to have been a good decision

Lazy Boy sofa and chairs are good but they take time to get in because most are made after they are ordered.

I think they are all made in the USA as well.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
When we moved into our current house we spent about 10 grand on new furniture. You order it how you like it and they make it overseas and ship to you on a slow boat. Took three months...but it's awesome. I can get some pictures later if you like.
Steven Shell Living

Wife just sent me this pic, the dinning room table is Stephen Shell as well as the sideboy and another table out of view. They even have levels of distressing you can do which we did.
sdf.jpg

Last edited:

kazman

King of Kazmania
Established Member
Premium Member
It's taken a while, but I've gotten everything used from auctions, used furniture stores, thrift stores, Craigslist, Marketplace. All real wood, mostly mid century modern. If it's not high quality I don't buy it. You can't find anything in any of the corporate stores, like what I've found.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
All the furniture stores around here sell lower end imported stuff. It's almost impossible to find true quality furniture anymore. We did visit a store in NYC a couple of years ago that actually had some good stuff from North Carolina. Bought what I thought was a quality recliner sofa for our family room two years ago. Nice solid metal frame. But the cushions haven't held up so great. They've flattened out more than I expected. So much for "higher" quality.

I'll be following this thread for future reference. Have to buy a sofa in a couple of months for our upstair's den.

Roush9703

Established Member
Check out dealers for Flexsteel, Mayo, Bassett, and Lancer. All are solid quality and most items from each manufacturer is made in America.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noco5.0

Established Member
I've had good luck with Flexsteel. They do have a line made in China which a lot of big box furniture stores sell. The American made stuff is usually sold through local furniture stores. It's nice but not over the top expensive.

For Home

Roush9703

Established Member
I've had good luck with Flexsteel. They do have a line made in China which a lot of big box furniture stores sell. The American made stuff is usually sold through local furniture stores. It's nice but not over the top expensive.

For Home

Their latitudes line is made in China and South Haven line is made in Mexico. Most everything else is made in the US.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFE

Established Member
Ashley is ****in ghetto. Any place where the financing desk is bigger than the sales desk should set off your alarms.

We got a room full of Bassett last year and are very happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread