Where to buy dayco poly cog belt?

musclefan21

Established Member
I bought one from a site online and they sent me the poly rib:nonono:. The guy tried to argue with me over the phone like I did something wrong. Pictured item was the poly cog, description said poly cog, but i received poly rib.

Anyone know where can i find a stock size (75" i believe) dayco poly cog?

Thank you folks :beer:

stangaholic280

Established Member
Real easy bro. Your local auto parts store should be able to order them. I use O'riellys around here because Auto Zone doesn't carry them where I live.

Part number should be something like 5080750. Last 3 digits are the size of the belt, ex: 75.0 inches. Once they punch that in it should bring up the polycog gold label belt. They always get it to me next day!

Good luck.

Last edited:

musclefan21

Established Member
Real easy bro. Your local auto parts store should be able to order them. I use O'riellys around here because Auto Zone doesn't carry them where I live.

Part number should be something like 5080750. Last 3 digits are the size of the belt, ex: 75.0 inches. Once they punch that in it should bring up the polycog gold label belt. They always get it to me next day!

Good luck.

I just checked with them and they dont carry them anymore. I cant find this belt ANYWHERE! if they can get it for you, will you ordr one for me and i paypal you the money inclyding shipping? I would appreciate it.

Sent from the future

Beltman

Dayco Poly Cog

I'm the Director of Marketing for Dayco Products in North America. A few years ago we changed our national brand serpentine belt construction from Poly Cog to Poly Rib "W" belts. Why? Today's belt are now made with EPDM rubber to last 100K miles. Today's OE belt drives are not created equal and some can be real demanding. Since these EPDM belts have stiffer charactoristics, they are prone to make noise with slight misalignments. Dayco engineers created the "W" Rib to allow the stiff rib to conform to slight misalignments and not make noise. Every manufacturer was forced to make this change to EPDM and everyone faced noise issues. The change from Poly Cog to Poly Rib was a running change as inventory ran out. This started in 2007 so lots are gone. AutoZone and Advance may still have your number.
Email me if you are willing to try the Dayco Poly Rib W. I'll send you one only if you promise to brag on how good it performs. :)
By the way, great forum. Hopefully this information helps.

Tractionless1

Established Member
I'm the Director of Marketing for Dayco Products in North America. A few years ago we changed our national brand serpentine belt construction from Poly Cog to Poly Rib "W" belts. Why? Today's belt are now made with EPDM rubber to last 100K miles. Today's OE belt drives are not created equal and some can be real demanding. Since these EPDM belts have stiffer charactoristics, they are prone to make noise with slight misalignments. Dayco engineers created the "W" Rib to allow the stiff rib to conform to slight misalignments and not make noise. Every manufacturer was forced to make this change to EPDM and everyone faced noise issues. The change from Poly Cog to Poly Rib was a running change as inventory ran out. This started in 2007 so lots are gone. AutoZone and Advance may still have your number.
Email me if you are willing to try the Dayco Poly Rib W. I'll send you one only if you promise to brag on how good it performs. :)
By the way, great forum. Hopefully this information helps.

So with that info. I assume the poly-w aren't making the whistling sound some owners prefer.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I have a 765 poly cog....i bought it for my whipple but ill prob never use it...it was dusty as hell when i bought it so i assume its been on the shelf for a while...if anyone wants it let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread