Where to Buy Gatorback Belts?

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Where is the best place to purchase Gatorback belts? Lethal doen't seem to carry them.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
NAPA

I am going to try a gatorback next because the last two gates I used both started squeaking after about 1000 miles

That's odd I've always used gates belts and they're squeak free. I wonder if your belt is to loose or tight or something?

cj428mach

Established Member
That's odd I've always used gates belts and they're squeak free. I wonder if your belt is to loose or tight or something?

me too. All this belt talk has me worried that when I start trying my 2.7 and 2.8 pulley on my whipple I'll have issues. I've never had a bit of belt slip/noise with either of my 2 cars wearing a whipple.

03' White Snake

Established Member
I buy my gatorback belts at Rockauto.com. Its the cheapest I've found them. Roughly $28. Find the part number you are looking for from the gatorback sizing chart, type that number in on RA and your done.

Your welcome.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rock Auto is where I used to buy mine. Gates belts always had a short life before they started chirping. I switched to Gatorback and never had a chirping issue again.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I never cared what brand I ran because the length was more important. If I could go a 1/4" shorter by switching brands then I'd switch. Neither of them never once had any issues. I never noticed a noise difference either. Always got mine local from a place called Bumper to Bumper.

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Why not gates? Do you want gator for any specific reason?

I have a new gates green stripe on it and it just started squealing/chirping until it gets hot. Length is good, tensioner mark is right in the middle. It seems some have the same issues. By the way I am running ported Eaton with 2lb lower and 2.76 upper, and Division X idlers all the way around.

Jensanity

Established Member
I've had 2 Gates belts and both have squealed horribly. Just ordered a Gatorback from Rockauto for 11.01 before shipping 16.47 shipped I think. Wholesale closeout. Belt only has 30 day warranty, but that price was hard to pass up. Their reg inventory was only a few dollars more.

stangfreak

Established Member
gatorback is my favorite belt. I started using them back in the day. Plus it creates a pretty cool whistle sound at idle. sounds like a mini procharger.

Users who are viewing this thread