where to get touch up paint for silver

adamb258

Established Member
I am making bumper plugs to fill in the holes the ford dealership put in my front bumper for the front plate. I already have very small plugs that fill the holes perfectly I just need to find a silver paint that is a close match. I cant find a dealership that has the satin silver in stock. i was considering just picking up duplicolor from autozone but was going to see if any other silver guys have gotten touch of paint and where to get it form.

Sheldon recomended english paints to me but they are closed today so i will go by there monday if i dont already have some by then,

Thanks,
Adam

skunkt-u

Established Member
Some auto parts stores sell touch up paint. I think Pep boys. But your best bet would be English color!

adamb258

Established Member
yeah at this point i will just wait untill tomorrow and go to english paint and have them mix me some touch-up paint up and use that. sheldon has used them and said it was a good match and pretty cheap.

Adam

BelvedereGTX

Banned
I bought my touch up at peb boys I think the code is FN. Check the inside of your door. I bought my bumber plugs from bumper plugs.com They match exactly and look great. A little pricey though

adamb258

Established Member
yeah i was considering bumperplugs but for $33 shipped . . . . so far I spent $.89 on the plugs and then however much the paint will be and the plugs i am using seem much smaller then teh bumper plugs ones.

Users who are viewing this thread