Where's everyone from? What do you do for a living?

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Born in New Jersey, left the state to do 20+ active duty Navy.
Came back to New Jersey in 1989, hired on @ Anheuser-Busch Inc., stopped doing that in Oct. 2008.
Now I just hang out in New Jersey..

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Native Texan.... but have been in Colorado for the last 25 years. I also lived in the Kansas City area in high school/college. I work in local government.
Then please fix it. I’ll accept purple for this state, but it’s gone full retard lately.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Born and raised in central Mass about an hour west of Boston.

Family business, grandfather had a small construction company doing site work - trucks, loaders, paving, utility work, etc. Grew up around equipment and hydraulics.

In 1948 he bought a 150 acre farm for it materials - loam, sand, gravel and 20 years later the state builds two major highways right past his farm, and developers come along and purchase about 120 acres to build an enclosed shopping mall.

He kept the other 30 acres that we still own to this day, and we lease most of it to a variety of tenants such as restaurants- Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, Taco Bell, Popeye’s, etc., medical, banking, a ten screen movie theater, gas station, etc. we have about 30 tenants.

Many of these tenants we supply maintenance contracts for an additional fee, plowing and landscaping. This is where I come in, I do the day to day operations and make sure everything is running smoothly.

I love it, every day is something different, I’m my own boss, set my own schedule, travel when I want.

My dad passed away 3 years ago, we were really close, but there were no surprises and we had a good succession plan in place, and this past year 2018 was our best year ever in business for income and profit, and 2019 is looking even better.

I think he and my grandfather would be happy :)

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Asheville NC. I wear Many Hats. I run and operate a Real Estate business full time. I also have been running an auto polishing and detail business, that i am currently beginning a transition phase of training someone to take over, so it will continue to run smoothly after we move to HI and I will collect a small %. Will be opening up a franchise of my real estate company in about 2 years. I am ready to go now, but they want me to get some more experience and shadow our BIC for a while. We wanted to settle on Maui, but the company believes we'd do better on Oahu.

I also am Admin, moderator for a site called Moving to Asheville NC where I assist people with anything and everything they may need assistance with making the move here, and of course provide real estate assistance if needed.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Saleen498

Established Member
Grew up in the mean streets of Bristol Ct, went right to work for a cabinet shop out of high school. After 9 years of working for 12 bucks an hour and paying ct taxes I traded one liberal shithole for another and moved just outside Boston. Contract worker doing delivery now with a few subs under me. On the 5 year plan to buy a good chunk of land outright to retire on in upstate nh by the mountains and maybe open a small service station to feed the car hobby.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
New Mexico, I’m in management for an oil company in Texas. Look over New Mexico , Texas and Oklahoma

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
Born and raised in CT, I've been in the insurance business since 2004.

Klay

Established Member
Born and still currently live in southern california. I am a lead at a branch for a mid sized Credit Union. I also recently started a drone photography business on the side.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
200.gif

jrandy

Established Member
Born and raised in San Jose, Ca. Families been around long before tech (queue the 'I remember when all this land was orchards').

I work for an app developer focusing on communication apps, moving towards targeting small businesses (primarily 1-5 employees).

Users who are viewing this thread