which 1pc driveshaft to go with..

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Both Dynotech and Driveshaft shop are up on our site. We have the Dynotech shafts in stock for your car, which use a "U-Joint" versus the DSS shaft that has comes with an adapter for a CV joint. Both are 1 piece 3.5" aluminum shafts

The debate can go on for as long as it likes, but we haven't had any issue with either for most applications. A CV joint in theory can help support more power, and keep NVH at a minimum, but the U-Joint on the Dynotech shaft hasn't failed us either.

Both great brands, and both are available. Give about two weeks for a DSS shaft to be built, balanced and shipped. Dynotechs are ready to ship.

You can find them here:

2011-2014 Mustang GT Dynotech Driveshafts

2011-2014 Mustang GT Driveshaft Shop Driveshafts

Don't forget we can extend your member discount for either, and they also ship for free in the lower 48 states. Any other questions let us know. Thanks!

Last edited:

deepblue13

Established Member
Ordered my DSS from Lethal and got the tracking number today, should be here Friday. Can't wait to get it on. It did take a little while but I wasn't in a hurry. Picked it up when they were having 10% off sale.

RicerEater2012

Thread Destroyer
Established Member
I plan on going with the shaftmasters one you have linked, but I would love for some people with it to chime in and let nordy racer and I know if you like it or not and if not why.

nordy racer

Established Member
John,

why is there a 150 dollar difference between driveshafts you sell and the one i posted. i also want to see if you know why some have a plate and some dont..

John@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
John,

why is there a 150 dollar difference between driveshafts you sell and the one i posted. i also want to see if you know why some have a plate and some dont..

I can't really say why theirs is less, but I like the analogy above though. A lot of success stories behind big number with DSS or Dynotech over the years, and both companies stand behind their shafts, so you're backed by us and by either brand.

With the free shipping, and your forum discount, its always a great value.

86merc

Established Member
I picked up the Shaftmaster unit when they were on sale with free shipping last fall. It is smooth and does not seem to have any real noticeable NVH. I have no complaints about it.

burke985

Established Member
I say you cant lose with the shaftmasters since all these basically do the same thing and theres a money back guarantee with the shaftmasters, and you could add the safety loop with the saved money.

Last edited:

Fun4me

Established Member
DSS, if you dont plan on very carefully setting your pinion angle. Uca's are known to add alot of nvh.

nordy racer

Established Member
I can't really say why theirs is less, but I like the analogy above though. A lot of success stories behind big number with DSS or Dynotech over the years, and both companies stand behind their shafts, so you're backed by us and by either brand.

With the free shipping, and your forum discount, its always a great value.

what is the forum % discount..

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
The stock lca and uca suck, and not all aftermarket uca's make noise. Setting the pinion angle isn't just about balance its also about traction. Whether you get the dss shaft or not you should replace the minimum requirement stock parts with parts that are engineered for performance, that is if you want your car to perform! Dss is a quality d/s you just have to wait 3 weeks to get your hands on it.

nordy racer

Established Member
thanks everyone for the posts.. i want to chat with Shaftmasters tomorrow to feel them out about their DS..

Users who are viewing this thread