which CAI?

neckdemon

Established Member
ok so i want to get a CAI for my cobra. i've heard of people with the k&n fipk having stalling issues after install. i just want one that will work well. whihc is the best one to get for a DD? i don't want anything low in the fenderwell that will be getting soaked in the rain. i also don't want to stall out at 80mph. thnx.

10thAnnvCobra

Member MACA
Established Member
On my '03 Cobra I have the C&L 95 MM MAF cold air kit. It was the first mod I did. Installation was easy and I noticed an immediate improvement in throttle response. It use a big K&N filter and locates it in the engine area by the hole in the fender. There is a nice cover that isolates it from the hot air of the engine area. :beer:

neckdemon

Established Member
10thAnnvCobra said:
On my '03 Cobra I have the C&L 95 MM MAF cold air kit. It was the first mod I did. Installation was easy and I noticed an immediate improvement in throttle response. It use a big K&N filter and locates it in the engine area by the hole in the fender. There is a nice cover that isolates it from the hot air of the engine area. :beer:

no stalling issues? what did that one run you? sounds ok. i've seen pictures of the fipk and it seems that it would be pulling the hot air in the engine bay.

HawkMech

Wildhorses Rule!!!
Established Member
neckdemon said:
yeah but doesn't that one locate the filter in the fenderwell where it can get soaked if it's raining out?

Nope, the RAI is in the engine compartment, the CAI from JLT is the one that goes into the fenderwell.

I'm planning to switch to a JLT RAI in the near future.

Jdaniel

THE DARK SIDE MOD
Established Member
Ive had the Densecharger on my car (the GT) and it was in the fenderwell and never got soaked or made the car run bad. I just invested in another Densecharger myself. People knock them, but they never let me down.

BlackSabbath

Established Member
neckdemon said:
yeah but doesn't that one locate the filter in the fenderwell where it can get soaked if it's raining out?

That's the JLT CAI. It's not going to get soaked from rain and you would have to drive through a lake for it to suck any water into the engine.

Users who are viewing this thread