Which Class??

chevysRslow

Established Member
Anyone know what class I'd end up in with a 99 Cobra upgraded with 03 supercharger system and '00R suspension bits including brembo brakes? Would like to autocross a bit when I'm done...

racebronco2

Established Member
as long as you didn't install sfc you would be in esp ... you can update/backdate within the same the same line .. cobra's are one line and mustangs are another ... if you did these mods to a mustang then you would be in a mod class

cito

Official Kumho Shredder
Established Member
The problem, I think, is that in ESP the motor has to be transferred as a unit. Your engine is a 99 with a 2003 blower. If you transferred the whole engine as a unit from a 2003, you would be in ESP. But in your case, you will be in SM2. This prevents me with my 2003 from putting in a lighter aluminum block with the blower setup.

Now, regionally, nobody should care if you run in ESP, but you would get "caught" at a larger event.

Bronco, you aren't quite right. In ESP, all the 94+ mustangs are on the same line, so you can backdate update between the mustangs and cobras including the cobra r's.

SCCA Solo II rules: http://scca.org/_filelibrary/File/2005SoloRules.pdf

herbie911

SIT DOWN SHUT UP AND HOLD
Established Member
hey guys whatz up, so what your saying i can transplantan 85 turbomotor in an 88 mustang , right???

fastbird86

Established Member
Technically you can do an SVO Mustang swap into your '88 4-cyl Hatch and run in SP because of update/backdate, but the motor you have is out of an '88 Turbo Coupe which would probably put you in Street Mod because it did not come out of a Mustang. I say Herb you should leave your car the way it is and run STS where the tires are cheap and theres plenti of rice to squash :pepper: :banana:

herbie911

SIT DOWN SHUT UP AND HOLD
Established Member
oh and by the way, you shoud put solid springs on that car the way it sways {like a boat , getting sea sick :xpl: :xpl: }

Users who are viewing this thread