Which clutch kit???

Which one for my sreet/strip application?

• Total voters

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
My Promotion has been great.
5k launches on slicks getting low 1.4x 60' times in my heavy vert.
It daily drives very nice with no chatter.

vetteeatinsnake

First or last baby!
Established Member
I have the McLeod rxt twin 26 spline. It has always released at the very very top but eventually I got used to it. Never ever slipped until July when I put the upper on, it slipped as soon as we got on the Dyno. Didn't slip on the street or strip under hard acceleration, but just normal driving when lightly accelerating. I've tried different clutch cables adjusted every way possible and nothing has done anything except make it worse. Hate to ditch an almost $1300.00 clutch but I'm sick of messing with it. I have a steeds quadrant and firewall adjuster as well. Probably going with either spec 3+, power grip HDT, or center force. Hopefully those will hold in the 640 range since I'm now ported upper/lower with a ported intake manifold, about to throw a 100 shot in the mix.

SWEET03COBRA

Established Member
Well I put a centerforce in back in 04 and it is just starting to straight piss me off now. The only thing I will give it as it has never slipped, not on the street or on the track. But it chatters something unbelievable. Not that I don't really race anymore, looking for something that will hold my power but make the car fun to drive again. My wife use to drive my car and now with this clutch she can't even push in the cluth. I did upgrade to a 26 spline so I need to find something in that.

Users who are viewing this thread