which clutxh is better?

THAITED

Established Member
Exedy Mach 600 stage 4 or SPEC stage 3+ (pedal effort, longivity, chatter etc). Also what are the symptoms of clutch slipping? When I backed up my car into the driveway or drove forward, I could hear a grinding noise. It felt like the clutch was not engaged all the way. My driveway is not even that steep. When shifting from 3rd to 4th at high speed, I have to muscle it in (sometime, I missed). The harder I drive the car the harder it is to shift. I can no longer powershift it, thanks. Sorry misspelled clutch.

Last edited:

marvin54

BOOSTING!!!
Established Member
I had a bad expierence with the spec stage 2 plus clutch it blew out with in 3k then I put a Dual Centerforce clutch in it and its awesome I wouldn't go with any other clutch after getting this one

redfire04gt

Blown 2v
Established Member
I x2 to the Centerforce dual friction clutch. It's great, very similar to stock feel. I have no noise/chatter from mine at all barely notice that it's different from stock. Can't tell you about longevity as I've only had it about 1000 miles but I'm loving it so far. Don't see any problem with it lasting for some time. Plan to be around 600hp 500+ torque once my fuel system is completed.

I also have a buddy with a spec stage 2 and he really likes it a lot too. Has had it for a bit longer maybe 3-5k miles no problems or noise. I think it's a little tougher than mine as far as pedal effort from the 1 time I drove it.

mtrsprt

Established Member
I have used Specs for the past 17 years, and all of them performed flawlessly....

dynamo

Established Member
what is the recomedend break in peroid for a new clutch?
i think maybe guys who have had problems with what ever brand clutch
maybe didnt break it in properly??

mtrsprt

Established Member
I go by the type of driving I do. I drive it normal for about 30 minutes around town. Then let it cool down for an hour or so. Then drive it again, with a little more throttle during accelerations for another hour or so. Let it cool down. Next next, apply a few WOT runs, followed by some casual driving. Let it sit another hour. It's usually ready by then. Going by miles does does nothing.... You could get on the highway and drive 500 miles in 5th or 6th gear, but the friction surfaces won't be mating at all.

THAITED

Established Member

Actually, that was me. May be that was my problem then. I drove the car hard after the new clutch.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread