• S/C 450 RWHP & 3650 lbs

Votes: 723 81.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeNashville

Ghostrider
Established Member
Isn't it funny how much everybody speculated and how different it really is...

Good luck to the guys trying to get bigger rubber under the rear of the thing to handle that power, and not have them stick out from the wheelwells like a beanermobile :D

Formula51

Established Member
JoeNashville said:
Isn't it funny how much everybody speculated and how different it really is...

Good luck to the guys trying to get bigger rubber under the rear of the thing to handle that power, and not have them stick out from the wheelwells like a beanermobile :D

Yes, the fender well clearance really sucks from what we know. But, at the track, bolt-up your slicks and who cares if they stick out. Now on the street, you better race from a roll!

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
I actually am very excited about the wheel clearance on the '05-'07 models. I have rolled the fenders on my SN-95 and I STILL have rubbing issues. I run fairly stiff C/O springs on the front and rear! I don't see these issues in the S197 whatsoever? I will let you know though!

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see 20's and 22's but the clearance is nice to have!

:thumbsup: :coolman: :beer:

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
harry gilbert said:
Cheaper to shed weight than add horsepower.

Ok, how do you shed 200pounds of your 03 cobra without taking a blow torch to the body and engine? Your statement is easier said than done. Even if you gutted the interior completely, got really light rims, you'd have to get rid of that heavy block and sc to make any weight difference. Details please.......

JoyRydn 03

Established Member
I thought SVT was closing it's doors! And there wouldn't be another SVT Cobra.

If it does happen ! If had better be blown! Ford has always produce the smaller cube motors, we need the blower for the torque. And we already know it's gonna be heavy ! Large cube, lightweight, blown doesn't Exsist in the Ford Mustang vocab.

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
I'd just like to be able to afford one - and have it SIGNED :)

Now the Red with White stripes or the White with Blue stripes? THAT is the question!

Since I have the same engine, N/A .. just adding a Sullivan Performance intake and a few others (keeping it N/A) and I'd be running the same numbers as the S/C'd?

I'd still take the 5.4 with the S/C .. few minor mods and you'd be pushing over 700HP

Prob is - are ALL the internals forged? or just the Crank??

EDIT ===

JoyRydn 03 said:
I thought SVT was closing it's doors! And there wouldn't be another SVT Cobra.

If it does happen ! If had better be blown! Ford has always produce the smaller cube motors, we need the blower for the torque. And we already know it's gonna be heavy ! Large cube, lightweight, blown doesn't Exsist in the Ford Mustang vocab.

It's not an SVT Cobra .. it's a Carrol Shelby GT500

They decided to go with the 5.4L (upsetting me but making me happy all the same) over the 4.6 as the GT has.

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
99SVT3753 said:
It's not an SVT Cobra .. it's a Carrol Shelby GT500
Actually it's a SVT Shelby GT500. There are several SVT markings all over the car, the engine, inside the car, and even on the wheels. The motors are still hand built at the Romeo plant.

Last edited:

99SVT3753

5.4L Snake
Established Member
dgussin1 said:
Actually it's a SVT Shelby GT500. There are several SVT markings all over the car, the engine, inside the car, and even on the wheels. The motors are still hand built at the Romeo plant.

According to http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/

"Coming summer, 2006: The newest Mustang Cobra developed by the Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT) in collaboration with legendary performance guru Carroll Shelby has made its North American International Auto Show debut. Even though the trademark snake logo is visible inside and out, officially this high-performance Mustang is called the Ford Shelby GT500. Just like the highly sought-after Shelby Mustangs sold from 1965 through 1970, the performance credentials of today's GT500 are the real deal.

Under the hood of the 2007 Shelby GT500 there’s a supercharged 32-valve 5.4L V-8 that shares some of its technology with the Ford GT supercar. And the car's race-proven suspension is perfectly tuned to handle this brand of raw power on straight-aways as well as the tight turns.

It’s officially the Year of the horse -- and the snake!

Related Links
Experience the 2007 Shelby GT500
See the Ford Shelby GT 500 at the 2006 North American International Auto Show
"

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
99SVT3753 said:
According to http://www.fordvehicles.com/cars/mustang/

"Coming summer, 2006: The newest Mustang Cobra developed by the Ford Special Vehicle Team (SVT) in collaboration with legendary performance guru Carroll Shelby has made its North American International Auto Show debut. Even though the trademark snake logo is visible inside and out, officially this high-performance Mustang is called the Ford Shelby GT500. Just like the highly sought-after Shelby Mustangs sold from 1965 through 1970, the performance credentials of today's GT500 are the real deal.

Under the hood of the 2007 Shelby GT500 there’s a supercharged 32-valve 5.4L V-8 that shares some of its technology with the Ford GT supercar. And the car's race-proven suspension is perfectly tuned to handle this brand of raw power on straight-aways as well as the tight turns.

It’s officially the Year of the horse -- and the snake!

Related Links
Experience the 2007 Shelby GT500
See the Ford Shelby GT 500 at the 2006 North American International Auto Show
"
:shrug:

Formula51

Established Member
He is not disputing that it was developed in part by SVT, but he is saying that SVT is not part of the car's official name. Ford pobably decided the name was just too long so they shortened it to "Ford Shelby GT500".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread