Bogarts 15's

PictureorVideo102.jpg

PictureorVideo085.jpg

Boyds 18's

100_0631.gif

100_0623.gif

Stinger2007

Established Member
Boyds have my vote, I also dig your topper.

I see so many that are so thick looking, like gaylords. I like your thin streamlined look. I made one for my last truck. I wanted something strong enough to hold my own weight, something I could stand on, so I made configured one myself.

I had some pics of a few cuties sunbathing on the back of the truck, I gotta find that pic. Sorry for the rant, not trying to highjack your thread, I just like your bed cover.

SVT~frenchie

Will the mods ever end?
Established Member
I love the look of both but man the boyds are by far my favorite. If they weren't so expensive I would have a set. I powdercoat them black though but that is just me on my truck, havent seen anyone powdercoat them though... If I had to choose I would go for the boyds

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
I didn't think Bogarts were designed to be driven on the street.:shrug:
The Boyd's have always looked GREAT.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
I have been driving them on the streets with no problems.Just dont take corners at 100mph and your good..These are a 3 piece wheel and a little heavier than a D-10..I will probably just keep both sets..I would not drive a very long distance with the Bogarts.Front tires are too skinny and if I get a flat I would be screwed..Not too many tire shops keep this size in stock.Just curious what looks better...Thanks guys,,

Last edited:

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
I like the Boyds best!! the Bogarts are perfect for the strip but just too much side wall for the streets.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
My wife does not like the Bogarts. I like the stance better with the Bogarts..Bad thing is,if I get caught in the rain with the Bogarts.

joshua5438

Here...Hemi...Hemi !!!
Established Member
My wife does not like the Bogarts. I like the stance better with the Bogarts..Bad thing is,if I get caught in the rain with the Bogarts.

Would be ideal to keep both. Or get a set of factory for normal driving or long trips and the Bogarts for the track and to play on nice days..

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
for DDing brother the Boyds for the track and hunting the Bogarts :)
the Bogarts we get folks to try and screw with you tho :p

Black02SVTL

#746 of 4726
Established Member
I didn't think Bogarts were designed to be driven on the street.:shrug:

If they are designed to handle the stresses of drag racing why wouldn't they be able to handle street driving?

Ginther said:
My vote is Boyds for everyday driving and the Bogarts for the track and/or cruising the streets looking for prey.

+1 The Boyds look great on the street, but you'll never want to be without that extra traction when its needed.

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
boyds FTW!!

bogarts/weld racing should be for track use only!! :bash:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
If they are designed to handle the stresses of drag racing why wouldn't they be able to handle street driving?

+1 The Boyds look great on the street, but you'll never want to be without that extra traction when its needed.

no side loads in drag racing and ive never seen a pot hole/ manhole on a drag strip

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
no side loads in drag racing and ive never seen a pot hole/ manhole on a drag strip

So you saying that a 4' wheel stand puts no side stress on a wheel after in lands.
I think the Bogart's are stronger than everyone thinks. Why else would so many 6 & 7 sec cars use them.

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Burce sell the Boydes and keep the Bogarts. Those Bogarts are strong. the only Bogart wheel I heard of getting screwed up was on a Mustang, and the idiot hit a curb at 80 mph. All that happened to the wheel was it bent it did not not cracked or come apart

Users who are viewing this thread