Which drag radials to buy? M/T BFG Nitto

Trmin8r

Established Member
I want to get a set of D/R's mounted on my stock 17" rims. What brand and size do you guys recommend? I haven't changed any suspension in the rear yet.

What PSI are you guys running? RPM launch?

Thanks

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Trmin8r said:
No, I have an extra set of rims, but I don't really want E/T streets

well..the et streets and radials will give the best bite...

so if those are too much id say get the nitto's or bfgs. i have seen similar times with each tire on 17's.

i just got nitto dr's for the street..wont be able to test them for a few more weeks though

Trmin8r

Established Member
I think I wrote that wrong... I don't want the ET Street slicks. I DO want the ET street Radials....

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Trmin8r said:
I think I wrote that wrong... I don't want the ET Street slicks. I DO want the ET street Radials....

oooohhh..ok....the et radials HOOK...ive seen a few posts of broken halfshafts after those tires were on

Z-06_Killa

slow and untuned!!!
Established Member
Trmin8r said:
Who has the best prices on the MT tires?

MT ET Radials from Jegs.com
jegs has a pretty good price on the ET Radials....shipping isnt too bad and they arrive fairly quick. i just ordered 2 more wheels and some 275-50-15 nitto DR's for daily driving and i got the tires friday and the wheels saturday, i ordered them on tuesday standard ground shipping.... on a side note i am on a first name basis with the Fed Ex delivery guy.

how long do you want the tires to last is the real question...ET Street radials are the softest, then the BFG and last the Nitto...thus the reason the nitto lasts the longest.

BTW i ran consistent 1.55-1.60 on the true ET Streets...on a bone stock IRS launching at 5500+rpm and never broke anything....traction wont break the IRS wheelhop will...wheelhop will show more with a radial than a bias ply tire as well....

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
slver00GT said:
hmmm they make them in a 275/40/17 as well, I think I'll order me a pair this week.

u daily drive? just remember they are STICKY..u can leave your fingerprint in them...evrything on the road will stock to them too....

nytmare00gt

Established Member
Yeah, I got a set of 15 inch wheels I'm going to put some 275's on. I have some nitto's right now that I drive daily on.

nugen

Established Member
I just got a set of Nitto's, even though I haven't really taken them to the track yet. I didn't care for the BFGs much. I only used them on the days I was going to the track and normal driving destroys them pretty quickly. They didn't last 10 passes before I had to replace them.

pharmin2006

Established Member
M/T DR's

I'm ordering a set from RPMoutlet for $179.00 with free shipping(until the end of march) good deal!

-FiveO-

Cleaner of burned rubber.
Established Member
Nitto 555R!

I've put 300 miles on my new set. Had to get the stock rims widened though to 9.5.

305/45/18's.

I'm gonna run them at the track in a week or two then swap over to a set of ET Drags on custom made Bogart Racing Wheels.

So far on the street the Nitto's have been good.

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
BFGs are 10 times better than Nitto but dont last as long. If you really, REALLY, heat them they hook like slicks,Depends what you want.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
finally got my car out on the new nitto 315...WOW...why have i never gotten drag raqdials again????

ater driving around for about 20 min..i can roll into 1st form a stop and at 20mph nail it and NO SPIN...car just grabs and GOES!

reyberg

Established Member
I just ordered MT E/T drags radials from a local place and I am paying $145.00 a piece mounted! I have the Nitto 555 DR's now and they just spin and leave black marks even under the lightest of acceleration. I will probably get another pair for every day driving and keep the MT's on a set of 10 holes. After WFC8 I will let you guys know how well the MT's hook up.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread