Which FI route? '11 GT, MT-82, 3.73s, 72K miles. Daily driven 80 miles a day.

Kiohtee

Established Member
1.39 60' foots, Paints black stripes at 30 mph, on pump gas and et pro's wish I had a lot more torque like a nitrous car- runs 10.0's with shifting and locking up issue and 6.40-6.42 at 108 mph in the 1/8 mile- really wish I had all that nitrous torque. Get a used procharger kit with the big intercooler and don't look back. and loose the 3.73's for some 3.31's

Since you wanna be sarcastic and all, cool story bro. I had a 1.45 60' with ONLY SR Performance springs and ET Streets. Stock intake, intake manifold, clutch, etc. Had a Pypes O/R H and SR Performance shifter, but literally nothing else. And on a 100 shot Bama tune to boot.

But thanks for your input nonetheless.

bunits19714

Established Member
The sarcasm was meant as a dig to the nitrous torque- yes we all no nitrous hits hard and almost instant, unless your running a slick you not going to even think about harnessing the torque of a 150 shot, a centr or a PD. And the stock manifold will always 60' a few .00's quicker than a boss- And I suggested used as a option to you to save money on a motor that has reached half it's life before it needs rings and bearings- If you truly are driving 21k a year then in just 3 years you will have 125k+ on the odometer- and 60k boosted- at 600-650rwhp- Probably won't be together in 3 years- Plus you will be fitting octane levels for a daily driver that your filling up 1.5 times a week to maintain that 6-650. 550 -575 would be a more realistic daily driver high mileage option and survive longer in case you got stuck with a light rated tank of fuel. I don't know how long you plan on daily driving your car but to put 8k into a power adder on a car that is depreciating at a rate of about 3.5k a year because of the miles you are putting on it may not make the most sense that is the only reason I suggested a used blower- 3 years from now with a 130k on it your car probably wont be worth $9000.

burke985

Established Member
I probably would not boost it at all with as high of miles as you have on it but that is my personal opinion. Id just sell that one and start over with one with less miles or an new S550 if i wanted a boosted one. But you will need ID 1000's to achieve your goal so include a set of them in whatever setup you buy. I have had zero issues with my roush setup in the 3 years its been on.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread