Which GT500 Is Best For Me? 07-09 / 10 / 11-12 / 13-14

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Of course the twin-turbskie Coyote traitor would say that! :D :D :D

I aim to please!

Yeah he forgot about torque and a real stick trans. Different strokes. Turbo coyote may win at the track but the Shelby feels better on the street :)
-J

I'll admit my gt500 was a BLAST on the street and i do miss rowing gears from time to time. I will likely have another GT500 some day.... any year (07-14--they all have their qualities).

However.. this s550 is far and away my favorite mustang Ive owned to date. It has just the right amount of refinement... love the interior (base seats are awesome!)... full connectivity, great ride quality, light-feeling tossability (compared to gt500), no clutch chatter, no 2nd gear lock out, no gear whine, quiet exhaust note, literal stock-like drivability, and maybe most important--The ability to drive to the track and runs 9s exactly as you left the house. No swapping rims/tires, no adjusting drag shocks, no swapping belts before drag day to "make sure i dont have belt slip", no adding boostane or octanium or race gas at the track. None of that.

This thing checks all the boxes!

SVTCobra60

Established Member
I highly recommend taking a ride in a 750rwhp Shelby if you've never experienced that kind of power. Its pretty wild. wayyy different experience than a Coyote. and I've had both at that level.

I'd love to take a ride in a car like that, but I can't say I know a single person with a shelby of that caliber. I don't even know anyone with a stock one LOL.

How are they so different? Just different powerband feel?

97cobra...

Established Member
I'd love to take a ride in a car like that, but I can't say I know a single person with a shelby of that caliber. I don't even know anyone with a stock one LOL.

Yes the power delivery is completely different in my opinion coyotes are definitely fast but they lack that initial bury you in your seat feel , the Shelby will feel like it is trying to toss you into the back seat for a street car the Shelby has more to offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
PM @CV355 . He has a pristine GT 500 that I'm in love with, and I'm an OCD perfectionist. If I had the ability at the moment to pick that car up, I would.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

boduke0220

Established Member
The Shelby has stump pulling torque. from 2000- to redline its giving you everything it has and its like trying to ride a bull. The coyote I had was about 800-ish to the wheels, and was much tamer than the Shelby. Definitely faster but not as fun to try to hang on if that makes sense? Also with the GT500 I wasn't really worried about the driveline breaking like I was on my coyote. TR6060, CF Driveshaft and Solid axle are pretty strong!

Agree... Shelby will be slower at that power level lol.

Shots fired!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Atleast the GT500 motor has good bore liners in it ;) #ThankuNext

68gtscode

Established Member
Interesting comments on the GT500 vs Coyote comparison. I have both, and don't fully agree... at least when comparing the GT500 to a built 6R80.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
you have to be dedicated, but swapping a 6R80 into a GT500 isnt that difficult these days. Just need a large bank account lol.

SVTCobra60

Established Member
PM @CV355 . He has a pristine GT 500 that I'm in love with, and I'm an OCD perfectionist. If I had the ability at the moment to pick that car up, I would.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Definitely is quite the car, just checked out the ad. But for the price, I would probably go with stangmans car which is also for sale. Makes more sense given what I want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread