Which GT500 spoiler?

jn2

Established Member
I've seen the AM one in person and it looks nice. It's all one piece from what I have seen though, the flap isn't removable. That could have changed, but the one I saw was one piece.

Vert

Established Member
I first ordered from AM and the paint was terrible so I returned it and got one from CJ pony. The paint was perfect plus they paint the gurney flap matte black.

scotmach

Established Member
I would get an OEM one with the separate gurney flap from a dealer and have it painted.

HighTorque

Established Member
I might have a true fiber cf one for sale in about a week if my trade goes through.

HighTorque

Established Member
ooooooh...nice! Pm me when you get ready to sell, just a couple hours south of you :beer:

will do. Working a deal on a 350 so if it happens youll be first to know. Its only 2 months old and i had it cleared at a paint shop to help prolong the look.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
Ok, I was not aware of the flap or once piece issue? Anyone got some pics or can explain this to me? OR maybe recommend a different spoiler?

This is what I was thinking of based on other comments from CJ..

http://www.cjponyparts.com/3dcarbon-rear-spoiler-gt500-style-2010-2014/p/RS10-V/

Painted Oxford White... any concerns I should have going to this spoiler?

Nope, I was happy with mine and I'm extremely picky. Just remember the gurney flap will be black. You have several options for spoilers, like the pedestal, Roush and I hear RTR is coming out with a new one.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
I first ordered from AM and the paint was terrible so I returned it and got one from CJ pony. The paint was perfect plus they paint the gurney flap matte black.

Yep, got mine from CJP as well. The paint is extremely high quality and it's nice to have the gurney flap painted black. I've seen the AM ones in person and the paint does not look good. Almost rattle can quality.

Badlilstang

Established Member
Nope, I was happy with mine and I'm extremely picky. Just remember the gurney flap will be black. You have several options for spoilers, like the pedestal, Roush and I hear RTR is coming out with a new one.

What is a gurney flap? And thanks for the info.. CJP looks like the winner here.

9TMAREEE

Established Member
Another vote for the CJ wing, I got it on my car. The gurney flap stays unpainted and looks more OEM. It took a little while to finally ship but the wait was worth it, paint is a great and fitment is perfect.

slick3

Established Member
Another vote for the CJ wing, I got it on my car. The gurney flap stays unpainted and looks more OEM. It took a little while to finally ship but the wait was worth it, paint is a great and fitment is perfect.

+1 Im pretty picky with my car, especially paint work. The CJ GT500 in Black looked good with the matte black gurney flap (non removable). I polished it off the car and bolted it on. Been a year and looks good after a paint correction and a few polishes later.

Be prepared for the battle that is the stock spoiler. You would swear it was help on my epoxy and unicorn tears.

Users who are viewing this thread