Which GT500 spoiler?

Vert

Established Member
Does a heat ease the reomoval of the stock rear spoiler?

It's not bad to remove and the worst part is dealing with the dbl sided tape afterwards. I had the spoiler off in under 10min and the best method is to use 50 pound fishing line to saw through the double-sided tape. After I removed the spoiler I soaked the double-sided tape with a goo gone and let it sit for 2 hours then it pretty much peeled up

Last edited:

ford20

Established Member
What is a gurney flap? And thanks for the info.. CJP looks like the winner here.

It is a small upright on the end of a spoiler that helps reduce drag and increase downforce by basically allowing the airflows above and below the wing to unite further back of the wing which allows it to almost act as if the wing is extended.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
People keep saying, I got the AM one, I got the CJ one; when they are the exact same spoiler! They are both the 3dCarbon GT500 style, just one is painted in house by American Muscle (one color including body color gurney flap) and the other is painted by 3dCarbon and drop-shipped (CJPP and every other vendor). They are the same spoiler...

scotmach

Established Member
I agree but it's close to double the cost once it's painted and prepped.

I bought mine from a dealer for less than $200 and with paint it came in under $300.

I've seen the 3dcarbon one which is why I bought the OEM one. The OEM one is nicer looking.

Thorpz

Established Member
Premium Member
I bought an OEM one from Tasca for $210 and had it painted locally for $100.
I like the gurney flap is a separate part and not "painted around" to make it look as such.

D1984

Whining
Established Member
+1 Im pretty picky with my car, especially paint work. The CJ GT500 in Black looked good with the matte black gurney flap (non removable). I polished it off the car and bolted it on. Been a year and looks good after a paint correction and a few polishes later.

Be prepared for the battle that is the stock spoiler. You would swear it was help on my epoxy and unicorn tears.

Hairdryer + plastic spatula (metal handle) makes it easy

D1984

Whining
Established Member
People keep saying, I got the AM one, I got the CJ one; when they are the exact same spoiler! They are both the 3dCarbon GT500 style, just one is painted in house by American Muscle (one color including body color gurney flap) and the other is painted by 3dCarbon and drop-shipped (CJPP and every other vendor). They are the same spoiler...

The spoiler itself is the same, but the paint quality is extremely different. Plus on the CJ one the gurney flap is matte black

Vert

Established Member
The spoiler itself is the same, but the paint quality is extremely different. Plus on the CJ one the gurney flap is matte black
What he said. I counted over 25 dust particles plus one edge of the spoiler had a fish eye.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Hey im gonna mount this 3d carbon spoiler today, one question. do I e-use the original studs on the stock pedstal spoiler to mount my new spoiler?

Last edited:

Vert

Established Member
Let me guess, you didn't get an install kit either. Same thing happened to me, no hardware and I called them and 3d mailed it and it showed up a week later. I just made my own studs by cutting the heads off of bolts.

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Let me guess, you didn't get an install kit either. Same thing happened to me, no hardware and I called them and 3d mailed it and it showed up a week later. I just made my own studs by cutting the heads off of bolts.

yeah im gonna make my own, cj wanted me to take a picture of the box and show them the install kit was absent , Screw that....its a 10mm fine thread so should shouldn't be a problem!

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
Got her done the most time consuming part is cleaning the trunk lid of the sticky residue, goo gone made it easier.

image_zps4riccjjc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread