TheBlackPearl197

I have Roush axlebacks on my 2012 GT, I want to get the rest of the exhaust done, headers and midpipes. What is everyone's long tube preference, and O/R h-pipe vs x-pipe? I like a deep note and not too much rasp but obviously a full exhaust on a coyote will have rasp. LEts hear your suggestions!

paulyboy928

Established Member
You need to get rid of the roush axle backs before you get headers.. They sound God awful with headers.

But to answer your question.... Kooks, arh, stainless works, jba (list goes on) are all great choices. To achieve the deep tone you want, stick with an h-pipe.

JBA longtubes w/ offroad h and borla stingers is a good deep sounding setup

TheBlackPearl197

You need to get rid of the roush axle backs before you get headers.. They sound God awful with headers.

But to answer your question.... Kooks, arh, stainless works, jba (list goes on) are all great choices. To achieve the deep tone you want, stick with an h-pipe.

JBA longtubes w/ offroad h and borla stingers is a good deep sounding setup
What do you think of the MBRP Longtube with the o/r H-pipe?

Gruca

Established Member
Had Kooks LTs and x-pipe on my 2010 and loved them. Obviously different engine, but the quality was too notch.

Long tubes and the Roush is going to be LOUD and raspy as hell. I currently have Kooks super street headers, lethal off road x, lethal otas, and gt500 axleback. Has a deep sound, not crazy loud (but still loud), and doesn’t drone.

OneSlowV

Established Member
0d4986b0dac3c9f3bf97435bb6e69719.jpg
b9b474942d8efdf473e2f8591e0efbbf.jpg

Mbrp is what I bought and for the money they look great . I will have mine installed sometime next week .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jsquared_25

Established Member
Premium Member
I just switched from an o/x to a 3” prochamber on my car. I have dynatech l/t’s, deleted resonators with corsa sport quad tips. With the x-pipe I also had classic chamber resonators and it was still raspy. I had those cut out and switched the x -pipe to the prochamber, that made it deeper and took away some of the rasp.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Reaper14

Established Member
I run Kooks from headers all the way to the tails, with o/r h. Only thing I didnt like about the mufflers is the tail pipes dont stick out as much as I would like. But I plan on cutting them off & add dual tips later. Love the deep sound.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

fuelforfire87

Established Member
+1 on kooks, have their 1-7/8" long tubes and offroad x pipe and it sounds awesome with my corsa sport catback. They are a PITA to install though if you do it yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread