Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other (Please Post Below)

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
I'm shopping for a new hood to replace my 1999 Cobras (aka 6 cylinder hood). Are there any hoods that I should avoid? Poorly made, poor quality, problematic....Please let me know which hoods are :nonono: NO GOOD....also.....Those of you that have put hoods on that fit well, and are of good quality..Give those companies a shout out and give them their props!

I'm considering either a Cobra R (non louvered) or a 2 - 3" Cowl hood for my 1999 Cobra Vert.
I've heard good things about Cervinis....but they don't have a cowl hood for my car...
I also have been considering a H.O Fibertrends hood...ever heard of them?

Jamie R.

Established Member
I have a Cervini's '95 Cobra R style on my '01. Don't be skeptical about H.O. Fibertrends because they make some nice hoods also!! H.O. Fibetrends actually made the '95 Cobra R hood that Ford used on the '95 R.

Jamie R.
F/S 6500

ZyX2323

Established Member
Your in Florida... Get a Kaenen hood, think its about a 3 hour drive... But there work is excellent and you can get just about any hood there... Think its about 300-350 for hoods there.

ZyX2323

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Thanks ZyX2323...I'm going to check into them...I appreciate that..I just wish they had a website so I could see their hoods...(Hey..I have an idea...I'll start a "Show me you Kaenen" thread....!! Thanks Again.

kxt

atomic number 30
Established Member
Kaenen hood +1

For those guys in the mid-atlantic area. Carolina Mustang in Cary, NC sells these but usually doesn't ship.

ZyX2323

Established Member
Mikes Hood - Nice Tall Hood (They way it came from them)
scaled.jpg

pa070004_sc.jpg

picture_028_sc.jpg

Brandons Hood - GT Stock Style, Just a nice Raised Cowl (Hood got him on a Cover for a Mustang Mag...)
BrandonA.jpg

Seans Hood - Custom MadeHood He wanted, SVO Style...
newhood3.JPG

(All guys in the BrevardMustangs, They are local to us...)
-They make allot of different hoods... Just getting ahold of them can be tough, Keep trying. They have 2000Cobra, Think they have Saleen Style and more... They do make Steeda's Hoods, LNR Body Kits (05+) and other companies stuff too, they are known in the biz and there work is outstanding... Everythings just about ready to paint when you get it too...

ZyX2323

Last edited:

Oceanedge

#488 of 4,055
Established Member
Wow..awesome pics...I love that hood....I'm leaning towards a Cowl hood (or maybe a Cobra R...without louvres)......and as bad as that hood looks I'm afraid it might mess up my line of vision...I'm a lil' dude...only 5'9"...and I don't want to be "peeking" over the cowl all day..LOL

Users who are viewing this thread