Votes: 84 49.4%
  • Low

Votes: 81 47.6%
  • Slammed

Votes: 5 2.9%

• Total voters

dead man walkin

Established Member
You want #1 from a pleasing to the eye stand point... look at the side view of these cars.. 1.5 leaves the rim and tire perfectly concentric with the wheel opening and a small gap between the fender and tire, very pleasing to the eye. Go too low and suddenly you have the same look as when it sits too high when stock, the wheel opening and the rim are off and it looks weird.. it's a design thing. Like why an Aston Martin looks beautiful to everyone.... If you go too low you'll hate it and eventually sell it for a riced out miata.. then start drinking because you think everyone on the road is laughing at you (they are) and you'll start wearing you hat with the bill to the side to block out some of the people.. which will lead to the general flattening of the bill on your cap and you will have to purchase those giant white rim sunglasses because you can't use a baseball cap any more to block the sun... and let's face it once you are here... your life is over....

MXKON

Established Member
I would say 2 as far as looks, but knowing that I worry about actually using the car w/o destroying the underside. I would probably only do a 1.5" drop if it were my money.

Zandura99

Almost there
Established Member
I just ordered my Eibach sportline kit.... 1.2 F 2.0 R. I went out and did the finger gap test on my car (13 GT) with my winter tires (255/45R18 at 27.0 inches tall). it was basically my whole hand.... LOL I figured right now I am at 3-3 1/2 inches of gap in the rear stock. So a 2 inch drop will be just right!

Last edited:

Ill_W1N

Established Member
Dont slam it i had a 2" drop previously and it scraped everything and rode like shit. 1.5 is perfect.

draxxus131

Established Member
Unless you live in Kansas, which is suppose to be flatter than a perfect pancake, DON'T slam it. Take my word for it, you will be cringing when you go over a pot hole or speedbump but definitely your butthole will be puckering more when you scrape the undercarriage u-bolts.

Also word of advice stay away from the majority of Megan products, this is coming from a person who use to think they were wonderful for the price; till customer service came along. Coilovers are not truly custom valved more just a generic valving process, springs are garbage (Installed CorrectlY!) rates are off and they couldn't even give me a spring rate to start with!!! This was told me to by their "HEAD TECH".

For some 300-400$ more, so total of 13-1400$ can get you a very nice set of coilovers elsewhere. Or even a custom set made by a local company that is CUSTOM VALVED your vehicle. Without stupid preset knobs, sorry I think the idea of an adjustable valve that has presets is moronic, you should be able to adjust the knob as you see fit, even by a millimeter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread