• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Which LSD option should I go with for my use?

Discussion in 'Driveline' started by TermiCustomer, Mar 16, 2019.

1. TermiCustomer

TermiCustomer Member Established Member

Hello all,

My LSD is toast. I am considering the three popular options of the factory Traction Lok, Torsen T-2 and Torsen T-2R.

My car is primarily a street car, for spirited driving on the road. I have not yet taken my car to the track. I would like to do the occasional drag racing on slicks, and road course track days on R888's/similar. I would like to do each about 3 times a year.

If my research is correct, it seems that the Torsen options are not ideal for drag racing. It also seems that they should last longer. I am not doing the LSD swap myself. Considering the labor cost of replacing the LSD, I certainly do not mind paying extra for a Torsen that may last twice as long as the Traction Lok, if it will be good for my intended use.

What do you all recommend I go for?

Thanks!

2. MG0h3

MG0h3 Well-Known Member Premium Member Established Member

Just replace the clutches? Ford makes an upgraded carbon set that works great. Cheapest and best option for your needs by far

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

me32 likes this.
  3. me32

me32 BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS Established Member

Use the gt500 clutch pack or go with and eaton posi unit.

4. slo984now

slo984now AKA 01yellerCobra Established Member

I went with the replacement clutch packs for my car when I had the rear end apart. Although when I pulled the old ones they didn't look that bad. I did it just because I was in it that far.

me32 likes this.