Which One Procharger,Paxton,76 Precision Turbo

Which One; Paxton, Procharger, 76 Precision Turbo

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Griever423

Established Member
I'am thinking of ID1000 for injectors any other suggestions?

I don't think ID1000's will be enough honestly. Especially running E85. I'd said more like 1600's. You don't wanna be running at 98% duty cycle all the time.

I say turbo for sure. It's less common from what I've seen and the sound is amazing too. Some others have brought up heat and boost control too which are also good reasons for a turbo.

BigWill90

Established Member
Yeah your rite on the ID1000 I will be needing more injector, I call Kurgan they said they can fab up a turbo kit minus the turbo for 6 grand what do you think is this a good price for a single turbo setup if it is it will take me a little longer than expected to finish this build.

BigWill90

Established Member
I don't think ID1000's will be enough honestly. Especially running E85. I'd said more like 1600's. You don't wanna be running at 98% duty cycle all the time.

I say turbo for sure. It's less common from what I've seen and the sound is amazing too. Some others have brought up heat and boost control too which are also good reasons for a turbo.

1600 discontinued

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
I voted turbo, but I'd go with a Precision 8285 BB. I'm a Wholesale Distrib for them and I've sold that turbo numerous times. It's PERFECT for you setup.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
The price on the paxton is hard to ignore but I'm a turbo lean right now.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Go with the paxton, for the $$, can't be beat.

The id 1000's will take you pretty far.

I made 1003rwhp through the factory auto on them. They are close to done there (at 85psi)

If you have a fuel system that would go higher, they will deliver more. Above 100psi, the injectors get really nasty, lol.

120 psi system, the spray pattern would be awesome and you could probably make 1100 or better on e85 with them.

also, with the paxton, you really should have much custom fabbed work involved either

BigWill90

Established Member
Go with the paxton, for the $$, can't be beat.

The id 1000's will take you pretty far.

I made 1003rwhp through the factory auto on them. They are close to done there (at 85psi)

If you have a fuel system that would go higher, they will deliver more. Above 100psi, the injectors get really nasty, lol.

120 psi system, the spray pattern would be awesome and you could probably make 1100 or better on e85 with them.

also, with the paxton, you really should have much custom fabbed work involved either

Thanks beefcake I was almost 100% sure I was going turbo.

BigWill90

Established Member
Neither of those.. Kenne Bell FTW!! Not only for the power, but reliability and the whine is just awesome. I'm a little bias mainly because I have one..lol

I read some where thats it's not enough hood clearance .I have already invested in a 700$ 2inch carbon fiber do not want anything taller take away from the street car look it's just a shame the twin screw not an option.

mysteed

Established Member
Get the turbo kit fabbed up by Kurgans. If you're going big on your last build you may as well go all out. :beer:

dizzygoat

Established Member
really? $6k for a kit minus the turbocharger? Thats sounds outrageously high. Thats typically the cheapest part of custom/DYI turbo kits, is the piping. Especially since its for a fox.
Are you going to retain a/c, power steering, pbrakes and all the amenities?

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
If your going to go turbo, go with ken and jon's kit. No other kit comes close to theirs.

But, for the $$, i still say go with a vortech or paxton from me!!!! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread