Which Options???

Agent504

Established Member
Hello all,

I am a new member but long time visitor. I have a question about which options to get on my '13 Shelby. I live in South Texas and temps here stay at 105+ degrees for months at a time. Would it be wise to order the track pack to keep the engine/driveline temps in check or would it just be an overkill? I will not be visiting a roadcourse at all, but the drag strip every now and again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Zeroescence

Established Member
I would do the track pack if your gonna track it a lot or if your gonna be really hard on it all the time. I live in the mojave desert and I didn't deem it necessary to get the track pack. It's not gonna do much for a daily driver.

91svtbird

Established Member
Hello all,

I am a new member but long time visitor. I have a question about which options to get on my '13 Shelby. I live in South Texas and temps here stay at 105+ degrees for months at a time. Would it be wise to order the track pack to keep the engine/driveline temps in check or would it just be an overkill? I will not be visiting a roadcourse at all, but the drag strip every now and again. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

IMO...It would indeed be a wise thing to get the "track pack" especially given your geographical location....I fear you'd one day be sorry if you didn't.

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
iirc you have to get the SVT performance pac to be able to get the track pack, am i correct in this or is fords web site screwed up again?

Zeroescence

Established Member
iirc you have to get the SVT performance pac to be able to get the track pack, am i correct in this or is fords web site screwed up again?

Everywhere I looked you have to get 821A to get the 55S. On the order guide it says (SVT TRACK PACKAGE (55S) – Only available on Coupes with 821A)

Hope that help a little. :burnout:

h34d

Back In The Saddle
Established Member
Hello all,

Not necessary. Unless you plan to drive WOT everywhere at 150 mph while it'd 105+ outside. I live southeast of San Antonio and I'm not getting the track pack.

rdsnk46

Established Member
I beat the brakes off my 2008 with the stock trans, clutch and rear. 270 passes down the track and street races beyond. I dont really see the track pack being needed for me as 200 mph blast or road racing is not my bag. Averaged between 700/800 rwhp and peaked around 900 rwhp in the last year of ownership.

Agent504

Established Member
I beat the brakes off my 2008 with the stock trans, clutch and rear. 270 passes down the track and street races beyond. I dont really see the track pack being needed for me as 200 mph blast or road racing is not my bag. Averaged between 700/800 rwhp and peaked around 900 rwhp in the last year of ownership.
Yeah, I dont think I will be pushing high speeds. My biggest concerns were cooling the engine/drivetrain in order help prolong the life of the parts in high summer temps.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
Any other opinions regarding the track pack? I'm considering adding it to my order. I keep thinking about our last summer with 100+ days of 100+ degree days. Makes econcerned with the engine in this beast. I do plan to take a performance driving school. Idlike to takeitto 200mph on a track at least once. Thought?

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
It is called the "track pack". Even if you wanted to try to hit 200 mph somewhere i still think you would be safe. I would think the track pack is specifically targeted with road racers in mind. I road race motorcycles and the abuse on parts is quite substantial. Same with the cars, this package was designed for optimal cooling in severe road race conditions, not a blitz down the highway.

0mineralgrey3

Spooooooolllllll
Established Member
Has anyone watched them test cooling systems on vehicles?? They let them run in the desert in a mirrored box in EXTREMEM heat conditions with no airflow except the fan cycling.

Drwalker02

2013 GT500 Addict
Established Member
And I guess my other question would be: if heat soak is an issue, would the track pack help? Not sure how much I would track it, but if I enjoy it...

91svtbird

Established Member
The way I look at it is ...this car is all about performance why not get all the factory performance options offered. To me it would be a mistake not to. I also think it will be a sought after option later on to collectors. That said....To each his own

Myfast70

Established Member
The way I look at it is ...this car is all about performance why not get all the factory performance options offered. To me it would be a mistake not to. I also think it will be a sought after option later on to collectors. That said....To each his own

x2

My thoughts were the same. I know some of the older Mustangs that had the track pack option back then are fetching better money than the cars that don't. I live in the Az heat and think the track pack an only help and not hurt. I think I read somewhere that adding the track pack essentially increases the cooling system capacity/capability by 20%+

Hourigan218

Established Member
Hey Agent504 where in So.Tx. are you at? Im in Laredo and will be pickin up a 13 but have been talking to a lot of dealerships from Dallas on down trying to get a good deal and no real luck. Best is 1000.00 over msrp. I'm looking somewhere between invoice and msrp and I'll bite. As for the track pack I really doubt you'll need it, unless your gonna race between noon and 6:00 pm then yeah ur gonna need it.

Users who are viewing this thread