Which rim/tire for drag racing?

ticopowell

Newish to SVT
Established Member
Various places... CA, UT, OK, been in TX and CO a
Hey all, Ive raced quite a bit last summer and this year I want to keep racing and of course I would love to be faster so I want to get a good set of either DR's or slicks.
Eventually I will upgrade the suspension and possibly install a supercharger, but that's a long ways off. Until then I figure good tires will help me get off the line, and also help me practice doing the right thing before getting a lot more power and killing myself or hurting the car.
The car is a 2014 GT 6MT with the brembo and tech packages. I have added a tune, a CAI, and an oil cooler. My best slip is:

That also was without the tune or CAI and on stock pirellis.

So my question is what do you recommend. I am thinking slicks with 15x10 rims is a good place to start, but I am wondering if there are any benefits of the 15x8 rims that I have seen for sale, or should I just get a DR setup. Either way I would swap tires when at the track so I wouldn't have to drive on them there, it is about a half hour drive. I am not sure what size would work best with the car being mostly stock so any advice on that as well would be appreciated.
Thanks all

Users who are viewing this thread