Which wiper cowl?

MG0h3

Established Member
I've seen posts where people used an aftermarket two piece one; just not sure which brand.

Also saw some Ford ones on Ebay.

What's the best route to go?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I have found that most aftermarket parts don't fit that well, So I would go with a Ford piece.

Also, I'm not sure how well the two piece works or looks. When I replaced mine I went with the one piece like the factory.

VA-Mach1

Established Member
I've seen posts where people used an aftermarket two piece one; just not sure which brand.

Also saw some Ford ones on Ebay.

What's the best route to go?

I've used both so I can tell you pay a little extra and get the Ford one piece. The fit of the two piece was horrible. I did still have to trim one corner of the Ford cowl but it was still 100 times better than the two piece.

MG0h3

Established Member
Ok knucklehead move on my part. Didn't realize you could still find OEM cowls.

Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I've looked at these too. I've seen some nice aftermarket carbon fiber ones if you're looking to go that route. If you're just looking for a fresh replacement then OEM is the only way to go.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I've bought exactly one trim piece for my '04 because the PO had drilled a hole in the shifter bezel. I ordered a new one from CJ Pony parts and it was identical to the OEM piece right down to the tooling and mold marks, and molded part numbers in the back. I mean mirror image. It was clearly made from the same tooling and molds.

MG0h3

Established Member
I've bought exactly one trim piece for my '04 because the PO had drilled a hole in the shifter bezel. I ordered a new one from CJ Pony parts and it was identical to the OEM piece right down to the tooling and mold marks, and molded part numbers in the back. I mean mirror image. It was clearly made from the same tooling and molds.

Ok T4 I'll look at CJ or AM then. They're about $50 cheaper than OEM

Thanks all

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

joshcarp81

Established Member
DO NOT waste your time on the aftermarket ones. I tried one and the rubber was too stiff on it and didn' fit to the windshield good at all.
it was a one piece, maybe the two piece ones are better. needless to say, ended up with an oem one.

Users who are viewing this thread