Which would you choose? New ZL1 or new GT350?

Which would you choose? New ZL1 or new GT350?

• 2017 Camaro ZL1

Votes: 62 47.0%
  • 2017 Shelby GT350

Votes: 56 42.4%
  • Neither, get a new Corvette Grand Sport

Votes: 14 10.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
ZL1.

Drove a 350 extensively last summer. Loved the interior, styling was ok, quality was good and the handling was very good. Hated the power. Felt completely gutless under 5k. Overall the car was meh. Just not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NWGT500

HR213
Established Member
ZL1.

Drove a 350 extensively last summer. Loved the interior, styling was ok, quality was good and the handling was very good. Hated the power. Felt completely gutless under 5k. Overall the car was meh. Just not for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for your insight. Did you have any drivetrain/body issues with the 350?

SVTFastBack

Established Member
GT350, I'd rather be more unique then going off just pure performance crap. I'd have more fun just DDing the 350 as well since 95% of the time that's what you'd be doing until the weekend anyways.

BAD5.OHH

Established Member
Hard choice but think I'd stay with GT350... Ford Guy here no matter what...lol

NWGT500

HR213
Established Member
Finally driven both new 17 GT350 (electronics package) and 17 ZL1 (manual). Street driven combination of city traffic, freeway and some winding roads. Roughly 30 minutes in each with the wife.

Note: My current 4 wheel fun ride is a modified Infinity G37s VQ V6 with similar high rev power band to the gt350 and daily driver modified Dodge Cummins with a good amount of low rev TQ.

Engine sound goes to the GT350. ZL1 while in sport or track mode (loudest settings) was noticeably quieter inside/outside and far less pleasant in comparison. (You would need to add a full cat back system that removes the secondary cats) to get close to the decibel level of the GT350 while creating a better sound from the pushrod engine.

Engine power hands down goes to the ZL1. It didn’t matter where is the power band I was at in any of the situations we were driving. Weather just part throttle or pinned at any rpm the ZL1 tc worked flawlessly, little spin then planted and went. GT350 wins having the experience of engine sound to power building throughout the power band. From 4k to 8k you just can't get the same feeling in the ZL1. Although the ZL1 instant push into seat feeling is addictive.

Handling is a tie between the two. Each has a different feel from corner entry to exit. GT350 you need to be in the right power band, Zl1 you can be anywhere. Both worked amazing.

Interior I am torn. GT350 has clean simple layout, good feeling when driving and great visibility. ZL1 you feel like your sitting inside and more part of the vehicle. Visibility was less but after 15 minutes you adapt to it. ZL1 gives you a good amount more for your $$. Recaros are heated/cooled, heated steering wheel, ambient lighting, lighted sill plates. Yes you can get the convenience package on the gt350 but those seats do not compare to the ZL1 Recaros.

Exterior I prefer the GT350 from all angles. ZL1 front and sides are good but the back is lacking. (black would be the only color choice followed by blacking out the tail lights and changing the rear spoiler for the ZL1 to make it aesthetically acceptable.

Build quality goes to the ZL1 as I could not find any issues with paint, body panel alignment, gaps in the three I looked at. I’ve looked at 5 GT350's over the last year and found multiple front/rear bumper, hood, fender alignment/gap and paint issues. (Very disturbing in a 60k plus vehicle).

In the end I'm still torn between the 2. Decisions Decisions!

Would love to hear more opinions of those that have purchased GT350's and now sold them. What made you get rid of your GT350?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread