While waiting for the mythical 2022 Bronco

IA Shelby

Established Member
One of the first day orders and you are still waiting? Dang.
My dealer got screwed when Ford changed rules of the game after reservations were already booked. Small town dealer that is located 15 min from my house. Booked more reservations than any Ford Dealer in the country due to below invoice pricing and outstanding customer service/communication. Big dealers got mad and Ford changed allocation process to heavily consider how many fords dealer sold and a smaller % on number of Bronco reservations. This dealer had over 1300 reservations. I was originally like #330 on the list. In theory they could have people at the end of the line waiting 5+ years. Obviously many have dropped out due to the ridiculous wait. I do expect I will finally get mine mid next year.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My dealer got screwed when Ford changed rules of the game after reservations were already booked. Small town dealer that is located 15 min from my house. Booked more reservations than any Ford Dealer in the country due to below invoice pricing and outstanding customer service/communication. Big dealers got mad and Ford changed allocation process to heavily consider how many fords dealer sold and a smaller % on number of Bronco reservations. This dealer had over 1300 reservations. I was originally like #330 on the list. In theory they could have people at the end of the line waiting 5+ years. Obviously many have dropped out due to the ridiculous wait. I do expect I will finally get mine mid next year.

Was it Granger?

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Yes. They are similar to Nick’s dealership in many ways. Family owned, father turned the business over to the son to run. Son is an enthusiast as well. Outstanding reputation. They are located just a few miles from my house.

I've heard a lot of good things about Granger over the years.

96dreamer

Established Member
I'd find a cheap wrangler, cherokee, grand cherokee with the 4.0 and use it for a beater till the bronco comes. We've had our 22 badlands for a few months now. Definitely worth the wait. For what it's worth we were a first day reservation also and didn't get it till this March.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
I truly enjoy this forum as the banter is great. I got the never buy a jeep stuff as I have felt the same for a long time, but I think I am gonna branch out for 2 reasons. I owned a Bronco 2 in the day and loved it but not swb types of vheicles since. I think I want to do the jeep to see how I like running around in a vehicle that is similar to the Bronco. Secondly, they hold value really well and have since before the pandemic. Here in WV they are kinda cult status and I think if I own it 6 mos that I wont lose much at all.

I am now debating Sport with crank windows or a Rubicon. A Rubicon is priced exactly where I am at with the Bronco order.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes. They are similar to Nick’s dealership in many ways. Family owned, father turned the business over to the son to run. Son is an enthusiast as well. Outstanding reputation. They are located just a few miles from my house.
Yes, I ordered my second reservation through them, and ended up being number 800 (and something) for reservations. I think Ford gave them 120 allocations.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Eh Ford didn't really change the game. You were guaranteed 25% of your reservations. So they had 1332 or something like that, they should've received 333 the first model year.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Granger’s sales have exploded across their entire Ford line even during the pandemic supply issues.
Eh Ford didn't really change the game. You were guaranteed 25% of your reservations. So they had 1332 or something like that, they should've received 333 the first model year.
They didn’t get anywhere close to that number. They just delivered their 100th a few weeks back.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Granger’s sales have exploded across their entire Ford line even during the pandemic supply issues.

They didn’t get anywhere close to that number. They just delivered their 100th a few weeks back.

I'm not sure how factual that is... I've been watching their sales volume. It doesn't break it out by model line, but I can't imagine they've only received 100 so far? I could be wrong.

IA Shelby

Established Member
I'm not sure how factual that is... I've been watching their sales volume. It doesn't break it out by model line, but I can't imagine they've only received 100 so far? I could be wrong.
I am just quoting another member on Bronco 6G that picked his up last week from Granger and was told his was the 100th they have delivered.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I am just quoting another member on Bronco 6G that picked his up last week from Granger and was told his was the 100th they have delivered.

Hm, interesting! Who knows I guess.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
I truly enjoy this forum as the banter is great. I got the never buy a jeep stuff as I have felt the same for a long time, but I think I am gonna branch out for 2 reasons. I owned a Bronco 2 in the day and loved it but not swb types of vheicles since. I think I want to do the jeep to see how I like running around in a vehicle that is similar to the Bronco. Secondly, they hold value really well and have since before the pandemic. Here in WV they are kinda cult status and I think if I own it 6 mos that I wont lose much at all.

I am now debating Sport with crank windows or a Rubicon. A Rubicon is priced exactly where I am at with the Bronco order.

I saw a new red Rubicon in Front Royal VA, at a dealers lot. That thing really pops in the line up. I didn't catch the designation on it, but it was taller then what was next to it. We bought ours in Winchester. Great dealer. Try a Jeep, I was skeptical to start with.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Doesn't the Jeep have more power/torque? Bigger engine, correct?
Fill me in if I am incorrect as I don't follow either the Bronco or Jeep.

lOOKnGO

Keep'um smiling
Established Member
Doesn't the Jeep have more power/torque? Bigger engine, correct?
Fill me in if I am incorrect as I don't follow either the Bronco or Jeep.
Here's a good comparison, but you can't just go out and buy a Bronco Raptor.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
Well I test drove a 2 door sport and the wife took a turn a little off apex and the correction was not fun for this guy. I just cannot bring myself to buy one. I honestly worry about how much I will like driving the Bronco.

Put a downpmt on Focus RS.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
OP The 2dr and 4dr's drive completely different. The 4 door is much more stable and has a nicer ride. Koon's will do 7% under invoice on a new Jeep or Ram and they aren't that far away from you.
The Bronco is nice but not worth anywhere near over msrp or the dred of having wait and hope and beg Ford to build you one.

WVTrakPak

Established Member
OP The 2dr and 4dr's drive completely different. The 4 door is much more stable and has a nicer ride. Koon's will do 7% under invoice on a new Jeep or Ram and they aren't that far away from you.
The Bronco is nice but not worth anywhere near over msrp or the dred of having wait and hope and beg Ford to build you one.
I agree and even like the looks of the 4 door Wrangler, but I am gonna go RS. I know I like the drive and feel of it and I have wanted one for a long while. My car history has SVT Contour, SVTF, Speed6 so the RS is just one more in a line of cars I have really enjoyed.

Users who are viewing this thread