Whipple 2.9 gen 3 install.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I really like that head cooling mod. I might have to steal your idea.

It’s not my idea btw. A well known mod engine builder in my area set that up for me. Looks way cleaner and is more functional with the -12an hose for the feed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04torchred

Established Member
Its on facebook, as usual when crap like that no one wants to give out specifics.

Thanks, I miss the good old days when it was on modularfords or here and had sound info to go with it! You can't find any good info on these social media outlets to filter through the marketing fluff people post to boost followers or sales.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
She’s alive!!!!!!

e4de9dc88b28ad082f5695868b6e7b76.jpg
3a0800a4bf41a8d43389e4bae9ea6c4a.jpg

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
That's pretty crazy output. I am assuming E85? Do you have the link, be curious to see what correction factory and other mods.

I do not have a link. I think it's on Facebook, but I'm not a member of facebook and never will be.

This was not a whipple "shop car"....just a regular enthusiast in Texas. It was remote tuned by 04sleeper, on pump E85, and at a shop in Houston he has no affiliation with. So, I see no reason why that shop would "fudge" the dyno number when they wouldn't even get credit as the "tuner" or hope to recreate in the future.

I did not see the correction factor on the sheet.....but it was about 80 degrees in Houston that day, so probably not much, if any, was necessary either direction.

I'm going with: LEGIT

04torchred

Established Member
I do not have a link. I think it's on Facebook, but I'm not a member of facebook and never will be.

This was not a whipple "shop car"....just a regular enthusiast in Texas. It was remote tuned by 04sleeper, on pump E85, and at a shop in Houston he has no affiliation with. So, I see no reason why that shop would "fudge" the dyno number when they wouldn't even get credit as the "tuner" or hope to recreate in the future.

I did not see the correction factor on the sheet.....but it was about 80 degrees in Houston that day, so probably not much, if any, was necessary either direction.

I'm going with: LEGIT

If Kevin tuned it then its a legit safe tune also so that's good to know.

I was more getting at was it iced down hard prior to the pull, Uncorrected numbers or STD, etc. No real trickery just an ideal dyno sheet number.

If this was a 2-3 pull consistent power output I am incredibly impressed with the blower and the owners setup.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
I tried getting a hold of Kevin about a tune last year but never got a response.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Those are 345’s that came with the wheels. So far not that bad with rubbing. They are pretty worn but oh well.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Car looks amazing! a few months ago I actually considered swapping my KB2.6H for a Whipple 2.9 Gen 2 or 3. Was the whipple more efficient then the KB, how do they compare?

Users who are viewing this thread