Whipple 2.9 gen 3 install.

94slowbra1

Established Member
Agree, the gen 2 2.3 tvs was and is a great blower. I run one right now and it's great, especially on E. Lots of guys making low to mid 700s. They just work.
I had high expectations for the 2.65 but so far I haven't seen much great feedback (on the 03/04 platform). Now on the gt500s and coyotes they perform great.
I'm still hoping they come around, competition is good

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
hey it’s me again.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I think exactly as 94slowbra just mentioned, the 2.65 had a high bar to cross. Lots of people were hoping it would make 100 more than the 2.3 and at least some boost in TQ. That hasn't happened. It's making about 50-60 more hp and in some cases less TQ and that has people scratching their heads on this terminator platform. Still a fine blower and absolutely excessive for a street car....but not the absolute numbers people thought they would make, so far. More 2.65 owners need to post results.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
What are you trunk ice tank guys seeing for temps.
This was quick cruise this morning couple light pulls.

ad088685cbff902b855091b78377a3b8.jpg
696aed814804101b473447861a9038de.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MG0h3

Established Member
I’d like to see your temps right after you crack the throttle @20%.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
I want to say it’s about 120-130.

It should drop from just normal cruise. I’m barely touching the throttle at 75 on the freeway. Soon as I lean into it a little they drop.

FWIW I see what you’re reporting on a totally stock system at cruise.

I’m sure yours will drop more than mine when you lean into it a little. Not talking about a pull. Just immediately after adding maybe 25% throttle.

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
It should drop from just normal cruise. I’m barely touching the throttle at 75 on the freeway. Soon as I lean into it a little they drop.

FWIW I see what you’re reporting on a totally stock system at cruise.

I’m sure yours will drop more than mine when you lean into it a little. Not talking about a pull. Just immediately after adding maybe 25% throttle.

Sent from the El Paso JR college dorm using the svtperformance.com mobile app

I was also thinking it’s they way I have the lines routed. My feed line from the pump goes to the top of the intercooler. Instead of the stock way going into the bottom of the intercooler. I did this because when the tank is filled with ice I was thinking it would be beneficial going directly into the intercooler. I might be changing that to compare temps

94slowbra1

Established Member
You and everybody else bro, ha. I've seen more used aftermarket blower for sale the last 2 days than I've seen ever.
In for results

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
You and everybody else bro, ha. I've seen more used aftermarket blower for sale the last 2 days than I've seen ever.
In for results

Yeah man. Mine was one of them. I actually was just going do a gen 4 crusher and head studs. But I got deal on the gen 5. Like I’m sure everybody else got.

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Got some stuff done today. Dropped the k member. I’m replacing it with a upr setup.

11688a144fcefd6be00aa96e0feee7be.jpg

Getting her ready for the arp head studs.

7d22eb6ede7e80aac94d2f18b6aacaab.jpg

Also got the fore triple hat in yesterday. I had it upgraded from a dual hat. To a triple hat. That should go in pretty soon

Attachments

• 8d07ba8fe86c33ff376ba04f97e935e7.jpg
    8d07ba8fe86c33ff376ba04f97e935e7.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
How did you pull the covers? Drop the engine down? I need studs too

Yes sir. I’m using the engine bar to drop it low enough. So for so good. Covers came off. Driver side still had to remove the clutch cable. Stopped for now until I get a torque wrench that does more than 100ft lbs

94slowbra1

Established Member
Cool. Easy with dropping it down? I've pulled the k-member a few times so it's pretty easy for me. Just never the covers

blwn03sonic

venomous motorsports
Established Member
Cool. Easy with dropping it down? I've pulled the k-member a few times so it's pretty easy for me. Just never the covers

Yeah it’s pretty easy. Just turn the handles one at a time and it drops. I have it pretty low. Hopefully the bolts come right out now.

Users who are viewing this thread