Whipple 5.0 vs KB Cobra

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
You won't find me posting in here much but this one I couldn't resist. I never get lined up next to anything at a light. But today in one of the left turn lanes to a 4-lane highway sits a nice looking Cobra, 03-04 vintage. I pulled up alongside, moved out first when the light changed. Slowly I shifted to second after the turn and waited for him to come alongside. Right on cue, there he goes, when he got right next to my car I stomped it. I couldn't hear much of his car as he was fading and my blower is pretty damn noisy. Only ran it out to about 85, there was an officer with a customer not far down the road. Put about two cars on him and the gap was getting bigger. I thought he was doing pretty good to hang that close, a few miles down the road at another light behind traffic chatted and found he has some sort of Kenne Bell on the car.

Not much of a story, I thought it was cool though ending up next to one of those. I've always liked the 03-04's, fun to sort-of run a modded one.

AZSN95SNAKE

Established Member
Was the Cobra getting next to you right on cue to wait for 3 honks? And you assumed he was gonna do a fly by on you so you hit the go pedal?

You didn't mention if he gunned it, you just mentioned he got along side but no note of whether he was ready to roll. I know I know context clues but in this sort of case, everyones going to want the specifics.

If he was going WOT right next to you than good kill and disregard the above text lol

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
You won't find me posting in here much but this one I couldn't resist. I never get lined up next to anything at a light. But today in one of the left turn lanes to a 4-lane highway sits a nice looking Cobra, 03-04 vintage. I pulled up alongside, moved out first when the light changed. Slowly I shifted to second after the turn and waited for him to come alongside. Right on cue, there he goes, when he got right next to my car I stomped it. I couldn't hear much of his car as he was fading and my blower is pretty damn noisy. Only ran it out to about 85, there was an officer with a customer not far down the road. Put about two cars on him and the gap was getting bigger. I thought he was doing pretty good to hang that close, a few miles down the road at another light behind traffic chatted and found he has some sort of Kenne Bell on the car.

Not much of a story, I thought it was cool though ending up next to one of those. I've always liked the 03-04's, fun to sort-of run a modded one.

What exactly does "sort-of run" mean?? Were you both on the go pedal or not? If the answer is no, it wasn't a run.

I know the new 5.0s are fast, but just wait, the Termi and KB guys are going to have a field day with this one......:pop:

ademily87

Established Member
What exactly does "sort-of run" mean?? Were you both on the go pedal or not? If the answer is no, it wasn't a run.

I know the new 5.0s are fast, but just wait, the Termi and KB guys are going to have a field day with this one......:pop:

He said he has a blower?
:what:

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
A few of you don't do so well with reading comprehension. :dw:
My car has a 2.9l whipple on it.

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
I didn't say it had a 2.9 until the last post. I did say a few other things that certain people apparently didn't pick up on, hence my comment. Is this forum the lowest common denominator on SVTP, I'm starting to think so.

Anyway, my car is around 750 sae, most kb cobras are lower than that so its not a surprising outcome.

92hatchlx

Colorado Rocky Mountain High
Established Member
I didn't say it had a 2.9 until the last post. I did say a few other things that certain people apparently didn't pick up on, hence my comment. Is this forum the lowest common denominator on SVTP, I'm starting to think so.

Anyway, my car is around 750 sae, most kb cobras are lower than that so its not a surprising outcome.

What?! A termi lost? To a coyote?! It's not possible!

;-)

Good kill OP. Feels good to put lengths on something that some people consider "untouchable". Been following your build thread in the 2011+ forum, I'll have to hit you up when I make it back out to Colorado with mine. I need a ride in that thing!

Travis

Established Member

People freak out in here and call bs before any legitimate questions are asked.

Sounds like a beast of a car

bambinov8

600WHP LOL
Established Member
A 2.9 WHIPPLE coyote on pump gas ? Good kill OP .... Kb 03-04s are blehhhh :( would be nice to see a 2.9 WHIPPLE coyote vs 2.9 WHIPPLE cobra

blkvenm97

Established Member
nice kill! I do agree that alot of people jump to conclusions and assume things when they don't know the full story. Everyone callin bs right away...with that being said op you should be more specific with your story as in add your mod list. However in the defense of the op he did mention he had a supercharger in his original post. Some guys need to read the story instead of lookin at the title and goin nuts if the kill seems at all questionable. This seems to be worse when the kill happened to be done by a new 5.0....a lot of hate goin on around here for those...I love those and 03/04 cobras...they are both at the top of my "next mustang to get" list

Users who are viewing this thread