Whipple / BAP / Fuel pressure issue - help!!

Rich'sTRsvt

Established Member
Fuel pressure that high at idle sounds like it could be a faulty fuel rail pressure sensor, pretty common problem with a BAP and someone who hasn't tuned these cars much. A search on here will come up with a lot of these failing.

MG0h3

Established Member
Correct but the frps is how the ecm knows what psi is in the rails. If it is giving an incorrect reading to the ecm, could be the fault

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Jiffy

Established Member
Could be - but it worked fine beforehand. Having the BAP post FPDM is the most likely cause at the moment as we're not using the Hobbs switch, just connecting it PRE-FPDM and will re-test. Good info though, thank you for responding....

Jiffy

Established Member
I hope so too - it's been at the tuner now for 8 weeks, it's sitting in the corner waiting for time to work on it as they're pretty busy, and they can't afford to upset lots of other customers by disrupting their existing bookings. They removed the fuel tank and were about to put in a return system when I realised the issue with the BAP/FPDM, so they need to put all that back together and the fix the wiring, then test it, then dyno it...
Maybe next week

braindontstop31

Established Member
This is the wiring diagram for Pre-FPDM and a wire upgrade/relay to supply the needed current:

Attachments

• VMP BAP1.jpg
    VMP BAP1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 85

Users who are viewing this thread