Whipple Gen-3 Rotor Upgrade for the 2.9L Twin Screw Supercharger

Our friends over at Lethal Performance shared the following information about their New Exclusive Gen-3 Rotor Upgrade for the Whipple 2.9L Twin Screw Supercharger. This upgrade kit sounds like exactly what the twin-screw market has been looking for, and it's going to be very interesting to see how far early adopters will be able to push the performance envelope. Best of all, if you were thinking about pulling the trigger on a new Whipple kit you can get the Gen-3 upgrade for a mere $200 extra. That's a no-brainer in my book. Check out the full details below, and give Lethal Performance a call ordering details.

gen31.jpg

- Adds up to 30-150 hp/tq at the same boost level

- 10-80*F cooler temps

- New Whipple Crusher SC Housing for increased volumetric efficiency

- Simple bolt-on upgrade to existing Gen 1 and Gen 2 2.9L/W175AXFF superchargers

- $200 add-on upgrade if ordering a complete kit

Whipple Superchargers, known for years of innovation, have now developed the new Gen 3 Whipple 2.9L supercharger that features both updated rotor design and rotor housing to unleash even more power from your engine. The Gen 3 works with nearly all 2.9L Gen 1 and 2 applications and is a simple upper half swap. No tuning required, just more power by increased supercharger efficiency.

Gen 3 features all new 3/5 rotors that feature a new updated rotor profile and new advanced manufacturing methods, allowing more accurate and tighter tolerances along with increased efficiency. Each Gen 3 rotor also features a later generation robotically sprayed conformal rotor coating, allowing the rotor clearance to conform to the operating conditions and application. The Gen 3 also features upgraded double lip PTFE rotor seals for higher RPM, higher temp and higher pressure ratios.

The Gen 3 also features a new rotor housing with the new angled support ribs for a more aggressive appearance, along with revised port shape for increased rotor filling and decreased turbulence, resulting in increased overall supercharger efficiency. What does all this mean? More power, more power, more power while maintaining the same boost levels.

During extensive testing on multiple applications, both Whipple and 3rd party testing found gains from 30RWHP up to 150RWHP depending on blower speed and engine specifications. Standard pump gas applications can easily make another 30RWHP with no other changes. Because boost maintains, tuning is not required. Just bolt on and unleash the power of your stock application.

Each swap kit comes with all the necessary parts/hardware to swap the Gen 2 SC for the Gen 3. No cutting or grinding required.

Current available applications:

2003-2004 SVT Cobra

2007-2014 Shelby GT500

2011-2017 Mustang GT & F150

2010-2014 6.2L Raptor/F150

2006-2018 Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep

gen32.jpg

This looks great!

What's the difference between gen 1 and 2 Whipple 2.9?

I've had my 2.9 now for about 4-5 years now on my 03.

If I'm reading this correctly, I'd be able to upgrade my rotors?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Can you elaborate more...

It says you can upgrade existing units.. However I called lethal and they said I need to purchase a new unit...I'm confused.

Interested to see if the GT500 version looks like. All I can find are pictures of front feed units. Jared said it is still rear facing just an updated rotor pack.

Last edited:
FWIW..

I called Whipple to get more info on the possibility of swapping rotors.

The guy said "it's not released for another month or so, and while we appreciate the advertising of Lethal/SVTP they might need to take it down. 15 calls this morning"

Can you elaborate more... It says you can upgrade existing units.. However I called lethal and they said I need to purchase a new unit...I'm confused.

If you already have a Whipple Gen 1 or 2 (like me) the upgrade includes a new head unit with the rotor package.

"The Gen 3 works with nearly all 2.9L Gen 1 and 2 applications and is a simple upper half swap."

FWIW..
The guy said "it's not released for another month or so, and while we appreciate the advertising of Lethal/SVTP they might need to take it down. 15 calls this morning"

This is an EXCLUSIVE via Lethal Performance. Whipple will not be selling these upgrades until the exclusive with Lethal is complete.

I hear Whipple will be releasing more on this new supercharger next week.

If you already have a Whipple Gen 1 or 2 (like me) the upgrade includes a new head unit with the rotor package.

"The Gen 3 works with nearly all 2.9L Gen 1 and 2 applications and is a simple upper half swap."

Yeah, that's what I read aswell. I wonder that the price will be??

Maybe be cheaper to sell of the old gen and get a new one.

FWIW..

It's not just a rotor swap, it is the complete upper half (as mentioned in the original post). We worked directly with Dustin Whipple who had us release the info this week.
The Gen 3 works with nearly all 2.9L Gen 1 and 2 applications and is a simple upper half swap.
The upper half swap (head unit w/ discharge plate, etc) will be $3900.00 for those with systems already.

HOWEVER, to clarify for the GT500 and Cobra guys, when buying a new Whipple kit you are essentially just buying a head unit setup anyways so the pricing for you will be different. You will just purchase the same kit but with a Gen 3 upgrade ($200).

The rotors were redesigned and that's the main point, however when redesigning them, everything around them is designed to work with them. That is why it is a complete upper half swap.

Sorry for all the confusion. Sometimes Dustin Whipple & Jared get too excited during their late night talks and leave things out. We are here to answer any questions you may have, though :)

Are the Gen3 Kits listed on your website yet? Any details on availability and ship dates?
We have not listed the Gen 3 Swap kit, but the Gen 3 upgrade should be listed as a drop down on all current applicable Whipple kits. Please let me or someone here know if you do not see it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread