Whipple Gen 5 3.0

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
I did a search in both GT500 sections and I don't see any threads regarding the installation of new 3.0 Whipple on a GT500. I'm kicking around either going to a 3R and this popped up on my radar, but I don't see much information about it, so I'm calling you out if you've done it. What I've found on other platforms is impressive.

I'm very curious about the "roval" throttle body and it's performance on the street. I don't want to get another head unit with a one-off throttle body bolt-pattern, but if the roval bridges the gap between the twins and the mono's I'm pretty sure I could live with it. It surely wouldn't be flow limited at 2,200 cfm.

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...mpressions-968hp-25psi.1185721/#post-16409694

I asked a reputable race shop about Roval throttle body tuning for driveability, and the response I got was the 150mm Whipple mono is a PITA to tune. After seeing the VMP Gen 3 proprietary throttle body fail, that was a non-starter for me. The Gen 5 shorter case and longer snout are not appealing to me. The real advantage for the 3.0L Gen 5 over the 2.9L Gen 4 is the inlet opening and huge throttle body. The rotor profile and flow characteristics in the Gen 5 are better suited for higher revving engines (Coyote and race applications), while the rotor profile and flow characteristics in the Gen 4 are better suited for low end grunt and power development in lower revving engines (GT500 and street applications).

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks. I don't know why I didn't see that thread until after I posted this. It came up on a search for roval.

Users who are viewing this thread