r.barn

Established Member
:banana:

Stand by .......

whipmanual_zpsbf454ccc.jpg

r.barn

Established Member
Doing an exhaust as well?

Maybe later. I want to see what it will do through the stock exhaust first, and not really hung up on wringing every last HP out of it.

Probably do a Cobra Jet throttle body swap and maybe a simple cat-back later at most.

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Maybe later. I want to see what it will do through the stock exhaust first, and not really hung up on wringing every last HP out of it.

Probably do a Cobra Jet throttle body swap and maybe a simple cat-back later at most.

Well not necessarily, but you're significantly increasing air into the motor, thus increasing its ability to exhale would make sense, not from "wringing" it out but just to make it run efficiently.

Keep us posted.

Last edited:

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
Looks great! I just ordered a 13' for my wife, and once it gets in we are driving it straight from the dealer to the whipple install!

r.barn

Established Member
Looks great! I just ordered a 13' for my wife, and once it gets in we are driving it straight from the dealer to the whipple install!

1 month wait on Whipples. Make sure you order it early.

Got my SDHQ 250amp alternator in yesterday finally. Last part I was waiting for. If you plan on extra lights, winches, fans, ect. ect., this is a good time to upgrade the alternator since it will be buried under the super charger.

Stock alternator only puts out 60amps at idle.
250 Amp XP High Output Alternator for 2010 Ford F-150 SVT Raptor 6.2L V8

r.barn

Established Member
Why do you think you need that big water pump and the alternator btw?

The alternator because I have a bunch of lights going on too and a Warn winch in the near future. Stock wont keep up with extra loads like that.

Better water pump because I like to do things right the first time. The stock Bosch pumps have a limited life span and dont move very much water.

Other improvements to the truck include
Deaver rear springs
SDHQ trophey bumper with lights
Outlaw raptor hood lights
Mid perch mod

and order the Outlaw Raptor rear bump stop / frame gusset soon. (takes care of frame bending problems)

Last edited:

r.barn

Established Member
Got one of my Aeroforce Interceptor gauges installed. Have a 2nd one going in too. It will be wired up to read boost levels too, I have the 2bar MAP sensor here for it now.

I have 2nd one to install as well, just cant decide if it should go in the left driver vent or in the passenger vent on the other side of the Nav screen.

Just reading coolant and volts for now

whip6.jpg

Keyser Soze

Grim Reaper
Established Member
I had Ford do a Whipple install on my Raptor.. Its a different beast.. I have a slight problem tho, it idles weird and always wants to die.. At idle it wants to die, it revs up then down like its about to die.. Ive taken it in and checked for vacuum leaks but nothing.. It came w/a base tune from JDM (great guys) i'm thinking a New Jersey tune vs a South Texas tune is a bit different..

r.barn

Established Member
I had Ford do a Whipple install on my Raptor.. Its a different beast.. I have a slight problem tho, it idles weird and always wants to die.. At idle it wants to die, it revs up then down like its about to die.. Ive taken it in and checked for vacuum leaks but nothing.. It came w/a base tune from JDM (great guys) i'm thinking a New Jersey tune vs a South Texas tune is a bit different..

Whipple had some issues with their complete kit tune as well. Idle surging due to dropping below 500 and then surging up and down. They have fixed this. This is 100% a tune issue.
Whipple issues? - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

See above linked thread, with video of what it was doing. Guy says updated tune and loose bolt on back of blower fixed all issues. Back bolt being loose seems to be very common. It's a bear to get to.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still working on install. Scheduled for dyno tune next Tuesday, so have to be done by then.
Got my new trophey truck style bumper and hood lights installed too.

-16 feed from reservoir to pump
whip7.jpg

whip8.jpg

Outlaw hood light mounts with Rigid dually D1's
hoodlights.jpg

SDHQ trophy truck bumper with VisionX 100W halogens and VisionX amber LED light bar
Still need to get the skid plates mounted

bumper1-1.jpg

bumper2-1.jpg

r.barn

Established Member
Been having hell with the dreaded back bolt, but I figured out the "trick" to accessing it.

Wire harness routing is CRITICAL or you will not have enough room. It requires cutting off pretty much every retainer on the harness to get enough slack and folding and bending back plugs and connections.

When you get the wire harness and intercooler hose looking like pictured you can now access the bolt. It goes from impossible to just being a serious pain in the neck. I used a little 3" long 10mm mini-wrench with 12pt box end to get back there and tighten it with 1/8th of turn at a time. I never could get a 1/4" socket back there, much less a torque wrench. Just get it nice and hand tight, it doesnt take much torque.

Wire harness must look like this before blower goes on. Whipple does not make this clear in the instructions. Or at least not clear enough

backbolt2.jpg

r.barn

Established Member
Ta-da. Hope I never have to change that belt on the side of the road. Not an easy one to do.

whip12.jpg

r.barn

Established Member
It's alive. Just got back from 5 mile test drive. Idles smooth as butter at 800rpm, street manners are like stock. Have not floored it yet, since tuner said would be best to get it on dyno and verify air/fuel ratios before "getting on it"

Sounds awesome. feels awesome. even just 1/4 and 1/2 throttle acceleration is greatly improved.

Can definitely feel the extra weight up front in the steering. Nothing to complain about, but it is noticeable if you are paying attention.

upgraded Meziere water pump is dead silent. No regrets on the upgrade.

still need to install and wire up the fans for the heat exchanger and wire up the boost gauge.

whip13.jpg

whip14.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread