Whipple Installation has begun!

Cobra-O

Established Member
Well, I started labeling things on Saturday, but could not do much more at home, so I was only at it for about 30 minutes.

Yesterday I was able to get some done after work, I got through about 16 pages of steps, the intake has been removed, plugs are changed, etc. This is what about 2.5 hours got me. Here are some photos.

Plugs came out fine, no problem at all, but there are only 3700 miles on the car. Thanks for all the advise, it has helped out a lot and feel free to keep it coming. It is pretty intimidating digging in like this!

I've noticed a few changes from the 07 instructions to my 08 car. One is the routing of the water lines. My car has this black plastic part where all the large water lines meet up, and you can not remove one of them, it is like all or nothing. Also, the thermostat housing is on the drivers side of the motor and the instructions have it on the passenger side. It also said to remove the black bracket that routes one of the water lines, but there was no bracket on my car.

So far, no big deal, but I hope it does not get too much different. I'm finding some of the instructions lacking, but manageable so far. I'll be working more on it each day this week after work, and will post to this thread with pictures, and probably questions.

DSCF8500.jpg

DSCF8514.jpg

DSCF8518.jpg

DSCF8519.jpg

DSCF8520.jpg

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
Well, I don't see a Whipple..... But I do see a mess :D

Did you buy a 100mm smooth pulley?

I did do my own install of my whipple, so if you have any questions feel free to ask

Last edited:

Cobra-O

Established Member
It is going pretty well. I guess I have an old installation manual and Whipple just sent me a new one, so maybe that one will make some more sense for my 08.

IT IS ON!!!! I'm surprised I am this far along after just 6.5 hours.

DSCF8521.jpg

DSCF8522.jpg

DSCF8523.jpg

DSCF8524.jpg

DSCF8525.jpg

It came with a 100mm smooth steel pulley, is that what you mean? I am noticing a lot of changes from the 07 to 08 that are not in my instruction manual. It is a bit lacking, but seems to be going ok. Looks like there is a lot left to do, but going well so far.

thanks, I'll probably have questions.

Last edited:

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
Yes, on the pulley! So far looking great! I gave the install of the Whipple a 3 out of 10

Just wait to you get to the fuel part of it...... And be sure to data log it, and soon as you can start it up....... There are ( ALOT ) of us S197 guys having ( ALOT ) of problems with the twin FPDM's

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
You already put the belt on, but you didn't install the small BLACK bracket for the extra adjustable pulley that Whipple gives you. You know the bracket to the right of the alternator and under the coolant neck.....Do you know what I am talking about?

BTW: Did you buy it Brand New from Whipple?

Last edited:

xtreme02gt

1 Slow GT!
Established Member
Here is a pic of mine.........See the BLACK bracket, sits on top of the adjustable pulley from Whipple one...... See it?

whippleinstallpics011he3.jpg

Stang925

Established Member
looks very nice look like the instructions make go by like a breeze i might hopefully get one next year. sound to me and looks to me like it pretty easy.

Users who are viewing this thread