Whipple Mach 1

scotmach

Established Member
03 Mach1
Whipple 2.3
718 rwhp 735 rwtq @ 25 psi
Tuned by Chris @ EFI Logics

Not being an ass but you can get those same numbers running about 17lbs with twin
turbo...a matter a fact we have a local kid putting down 874rwhp on 23lbs with nothing more the a sullivan intake and twin 57s....not to mention if you line up with a turbo car boost for boost lbs you'll lose.......not in counting for driver error and if that same car is a auto turbo car don't even bother wasting his gas nor yours.....i mean it takes HP to make hp with any supercharger but the turbo is heat transfer energy thats already there.....the charger lost the contest before it ever started

You brought this thread back to the top after well over a year for what? And I have yet to get beat by any turbo car while they wait for the turbo/turbos to spool I'm already gone.:bash:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Well, yes that is true, but it all comes down to what kind of fun/performance he prefers doesn't it ...ass. :burn: :beer: Take me for example. I went from twins to a centri.

You brought this thread back to the top after well over a year for what? And I have yet to get beat by any turbo car while they wait for the turbo/turbos to spool I'm already gone.:bash:

+65000:beer:

Bill Putnam

Established Member
One thing you can do is the Eaton swap on your engine and upgrade the engine/blower later on and still make low to mid 400RWHP on the stock Mach engine.

That's the route I went and made 437RWHP with conservative timing, stock Eaton w/stock pulley, mid lengths. I built another engine while I drove the car and ended up picking up a Whipple 3.4. If you research it and are patient with it you can buy the parts for under $3k. I think mine worked out to roughly $2800 by the time I bought two partial set ups and sold off the duplicate parts.

Bill

Users who are viewing this thread